Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exercise (Need Advice)

As 11001001 you gotta tear muscle to build it up - but to tone get a light weight (one that you can lift with a slight strain) and do lots of reps this will help tone any exsisting muscle....as for getting fit a friend of mine who does marathon running sets out once a day from his house and just picks a direction he keeps jogging that way till he throws up then turns round and runs home....not healthy (or pleasent) but will get you fit quick

v_Ln

Exercise sucks there is no doubt, but to lose weight and feel better you gotta do it. Any exercise is better than none, and I agree if you do it with a friend you will stick to it better. When you lose some weight, say 5 lbs or whatever, treat yourself to something....not food, as a reward. In the long run you will see success.
    Dream as if you are going to live forever, live as if you were going to die today.

Originally posted here by 5150
    There are some "secret" techniques to getting thin. one way is to get a big batch of grapefruits a squeeze the juice from it. now, this is gross but substitute your breakfast and lunch with the raw juice and eat a big dinner of anything you want because the enzymes in the juice will burn all of the fat away in your stomach. my friend did this and lost 10 lbs. in a week. another way is to drink two glasses of water before each meal to fill your stomach so you don't eat as much. or just eat untill you arent hungry anymore, not untill you are full. these may not be healthy but if your about to play a big show in Hollywood and want to be
    able to take off your shirt, it is the fastest way to lose wieght.
    Okay, about the grapefruits, it's the skipping of breakfest and lunch, as opposed to enzymes, that are doing the work. Also, under normal conditions of physical activity, it is impossible to lose more than 10.5 pounds of fat per week, and that's if you at nothing. It works like this: Under normal conditions, the human body requires about 2000 calories per day. Each pound of fat is 3500 calories. So in order to loose a pound of fat, you have to have a "deficit" of 3500 calories. No grapefruit or miracle drug is going to increase that 2000 per day: You'll have to exercise (In an extreme example, a group of army guys hiking in -30 weather used about 10K calories per day)

In many of these "hollywood miracle diets" and the like, most of the weight lost is water, and not actually fat.

And don't get me started on that "low carb, high protein" POS (No one in their right mind could call that a balanced diet...the weight doesn't stay off once you stop dieting)
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

if your on blades 8 hours a week, id say you don't have worry about loosing weight. your legs must be incredibly strong. if your going to lift weights, try high weight, low reps. you get more than enough movement to cut it up, so work for strength. carb up before, high protein after. an excellent example of high reps, poor nutrition is a galley slave.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

LOL well ever since I quit smokin cigs and at the time I realized that I had to start taking better care of myself.The only excercise I wanted to do was keyboard excercise and of course the other excercise you get from rasing a beer mug up but that was it. I decided to go granola and eat only food that was pretty much natural, I only drink water, most of the food I eat is pretty healthy for you. Oh yeah stop doing drugs they weren't meant for your body and they just **** it up more.

Just eat right and don't let so many artficial chemicals get in your body and you will notice results quickly.

HeyNetSyn:
    Here is a plan that worked for me:
    Week#1- Run a timed mile each and every day
    Week#2-Increase the total distance run and have a faster time than last week.
    Week#3-Same as week #2
    Week#4-Same as week #2
    Etc., etc., etc.

I dont have time right now to type up a full and helpful reply, can you pm me with what goals your looking for, ie tonation, mass, general, strengh, I will get back and post here asap.

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

No probs mate, I got a perfect solution.

- Get a laptop if you do not have one.
    - Get a backpack
    - Get a stirdy wooden board
    - Get some strong string
    - Get an electric drill

1. Drill holes in the board somewhere
    2. Chuck the backpack on
    3. Tie the board to the backpack so it's parallel with the ground when the ground in front of you, waist height
    4. Put the laptop on the board

That's it, now you are not bound to your desk, sitting all day in front of your computer eating fatty junk food. You can run around the house, run in the backyard, run around the block, you can do whatever you want with the computer right in front of you all the time. Cos your not sitting on your ass all day, you'll lose plenty of weight!!

NOTE: Theory has not been proven. Testing on animals is currently under way. May cause back problems. Not recommended.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    hot_ice, that's awesome!
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    The Problem Habits of My Daily routine

1) Get up 5am, no breakfast. Black Coffee, 2 ciggarettes.Very tired

2) Arive at work 6:30am, drink RedBull,More Coffee. Not so tired anymore
    Sit at desk surfing the Internet, until 3pm

3) Still havent eaten. Ride Home, Smoke a joint. Sleep on the way home if not my day to drive the car pool. YES i car pool. Saves gas and pollution.

4) Arrive at home, finnally eat dinner with girlfreind.

5) Lay down on couch, watch TV. Smoke another Joint. Nearly fall asleep on couch.

6) Around 8:30pm become very awake! Get online/Sex depending on availablity of either.
    Sometime I cant get on my dial up...sometimes I cant get on my girlfreind.LOL

7) Go to sleep....
    ===== Repeat
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2