Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dutch

Hi mom!

Re: The Dutch

First of all, I wonder what exactly in Holland is ****ed up. I've lived in this country for over 22 years now, and to be honest, I'm proud to be a Dutchman. Sure, we have our black pages in history, but which country doesn't have those?

Yes, Dutch society tries to be open and tolerant, and yes, it's failing partially or completely in some areas, but it's working out perfectly in others. And yes, even though we claim to be tolerant (if we actually are is besides the point here), that does not mean every person in our country is tolerant. We never claimed to be all saints. It's the sum of the total that counts.

Now, to get back to your question:
    Originally posted here by Ganjica
    My question to you is: Why do you shout foul so much and yet you are just as guilty of hypocracy when it comes right down to it? You say you are tolerant and yet have a far right-winged representative...
    Where on earth did you hear a Dutch politician shout foul at another country's policy where other countries did not? Yes, we introduced gay marriage, but did we force it upon any other counry? Did we try to force our open soft-drug policy on any other country? Hell no. What we got was critiscism for years on an end, and sadly, those countries that shouted hardest, have the biggest drug-related problems themselves.

You state that we have a far right winged representative. Show me a democratic country that doesn't have one. And besides that, Pim Fortuyn wasn't nearly as extreme as Le Pen or Haider. He did not propose to get rid of all immigrants: he stated that we, the Dutch as a society, have a problem in integrating those people in our society, and until that problem is solved, he proposed to close the borders. On a personal note: I did not agree with him. Neither do I with the guy that shot him.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

GO GUUS!!!
    That's just what i'm saying.

De aanslag op Pim Fortuyn is een aanslag op de democratie zelf. Of het het nou Pim was of niet.
    Bleh.

Thanks for your input, Guus. I'm trying to better understand the situation and your insight helped out allot.

Solidarity, the only way to make a difference is to stand together. We've had some rather hard times here, too.
    America - Land of the free, home of the brave.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Sick Dwarf,

Inderdaad, of je nu tegen of voor rechts bent het is een aanslag op de deomcratie

Indeed, it's an attack against the democracy

Thumbs up

There probably isn't one person in ten who knows
    what the terms "right wing" and "left wing" mean.
    I wish people wouldn't use these expressions.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Nederland heeft een man verloren die nederland wakker gemaakt heb. Hij heeft de politiek voor altijd verandert hier. De regering heeft het verkloot en Pim heeft ons wakker gemaakt. Alleen daarom al zou hij respect moeten krijgen. Of ie nou rechts, links, homo of hetero is.

Holland lost a man who woke up holland. He changed dutch politics forever. The Dutch geverment ****ed up and he pointed it out. That's enough reason to give him respect. It doesn't matter if he's right, left, gay or straight.

http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/ are some links to videos about the murder. There in dutch.
    Bleh.

AAaah Holland, Liberal and Tolerant, I came here in 1997 after spending 16 years on the Dutch colonies like Aruba.
    I don't mean to be too hard on Guus but Holland hasn't been doing too well lately, sure there is plenty of money and the economy isn't bad but still people have mixed feelings. About the system etc.
    The law here is a joke, criminals live a very happy life here, for example:

If you ****ed 5 ten year old boys in the USA, how much would you get???? 10? 20 years in jail?

In Holland if you did that you would get 6 months, of wich you will serve only 2/3

Don't believe it? you better start to because it's a FACT
    Tolerance?? the coming of minorities from the Middle East carrying the Islam have caused a lot of problems, they don't accept Dutch values nor embrace the societey, they just keep talking their own language and keep collecting wellfare wich ends up in Marokko/Somalia.

These so called "refugees" get first class treatment here, a house, money etc etc.
    While the Dutch people themselves have to wait years to get a house from the government?
    Don't believe it again? well sorry to say it but it's a fact. I know that The Jinx is going to answer this thread and say it's not true but then again he's a communist.

Hi mom!
    I never ment that the Dutch system is perfect - sure, we have a long way to go, but people do not change over night. If you want to integrate people of different etnic background into one society, do not expect that to happen within one generation.

People like Fortuyn or El Moumni start discussions about the subject, and because they start them with negative viewpoints, they get all the media attention. I do not agree with either one viewpoint, but you need people with these kind of views to get discussion started: if I look to just myself: 'thanks' to Fortuyn, I've discussed and thought about issues like rasism and integration in the last few weeks more than I did the previous ten years.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

GUUS, YOU DID IT AGAIN.
    Bleh.

Nieuwjaarsrede
    Landgenoten,

Er valt veel slechts over deze wereld te zeggen. Er is onverdraagzaamheid, er is onrecht, er is oorlog en er zijn fundamentalistische gelovigen. Maar dat neemt niet weg dat er ook altijd hoop is, hoop op een betere wereld, hoop op een beter leven. En dat gun ik mijn 6 miljard mede wereldbewoners van ganser harte, maar allereerst gun ik het u, die nu naar mij kijkt. Een gelukkig 2002!

Dat gun ik ook onze minister van klassenjustitie die van Nederland een corrupte bananenrepubliek maakt, waarin wie geld heeft boven de wet staat en zijn fraude kan afkopen. Chapeau excellentie!

Ik gun het de bouwbedrijven die op kosten van de Nederlandse belastingbetaler hun zakken extra vullen. U bent oplichters, maar zeker niet erger dan de politici van de regeringsfracties in Den Haag, die met hun verheven praatjes over loepzuiver, voor u buigen.

Ik gun het Tara Singh Varma, die slachtoffer werd van haar eigen hersenspinsels, maar vooral ook misbruikt werd door haar eigen fractievoorzitter, die haar niet de waarheid durfde te zeggen en haar zodoende het slachtoffer maakte van het gezwel dat politiek correct heet te zijn.

Ik gun het Imam el Moumni, die net als ieder ander in dit beschaafde land recht heeft op vrije meningsuiting, maar ik gun die Eerwaarde tevens de liefste Marokkaanse jongens die hij maar kan vinden.

Ik gun het de heer de Graaf van D’66 die zo wanhopig graag met mij in debat wil gaan, maar wiens ideeën jammer genoeg te voorspelbaar zijn om er nog maar één woord aan vuil te maken. Toch heb ik ook ik respect voor schimmen uit het verleden en wens ik hem een fantastische uitslag op 15 mei a.s.

Een gelukkig 2002 wens ik - ondanks alles in het bijzonder - aan alle moeders wiens kinderen genegeerd en vertrapt worden door de Nederlandse hulpverlening.

De allerbeste wensen natuurlijk aan onze Majesteit die vast ook in 2002 vele verhelderende gesprekken zal voeren over de Argentijnse geschiedenis met de schoonvader van haar zoon.
    En natuurlijk wens ik bovenal Willem Alexander en zijn MÃ*xima het gelukkigste jaar van hun leven.

Ik wens iedereen die denkt dat het wel zal meevallen met de agressie van de Islam veel sterkte. Zalig zij de onnozele van geest en ik hoop dat de ideologische strijd die ons ongevraagd wordt opgedrongen gewonnen zal worden door de kinderen van de verlichting, door redelijk verdraagzame mensen zoals u en ik.

Een gelukkig 2002 wens ik ook mevrouw Borst, onze dolende minister van wachtlijsten, die in haar eentje een groter gevaar vormt voor de Nederlandse volksgezondheid dan Osama Bin Laden.

Een gelukkig 2002 wens ik een ieder die van plan is ons aan een eclatante verkiezingszege te helpen. Iemand moet tenslotte zeggen wat u niet mag zeggen.

Maar natuurlijk wens ik ook de slinkende groep, die nog niet op Leefbaar Nederland stemt, niets dan goeds.

En tot slot hoop ik wat mijn eigen persoon betreft, dat ik om mijzelf kan blijven lachen. Al meen ik meer dan ooit wat ik zeg.
    Moge naast God ook Allah het lieve vaderland behoeden.

Een zalig kerstfeest en een gelukkig nieuwjaar.

At your service.

Pim Fortuyn
    23 december 2001
    Maybe some guy from the Netherlands can write this in Engl.Cause it s abit above my Engl. knowlidge.

Back than Pim didn t have his LPF but it shows the man isn t the bad right-winged guy!
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye