Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dutch

The Dutch

I have a question that has been bugging me for a while now and I was hoping some of you might be able to answer for me.

I take note of the openly liberal lifestyles that are allowed to germinate in the Dutch society, i.e the drugs, euthanasia, gay marriages, prostitution, etc. etc.
    I also take note of the fact that a far right-winged politician, who is against immigration, was just murdered while leaving a talk-radio show. The reaction to that happening was kind of like "We never thought this could happen in 'our' country."

My question to you is: Why do you shout foul so much and yet you are just as guilty of hypocracy when it comes right down to it? You say you are tolerant and yet have a far right-winged representative...

This is not meant to upset anyone. Really.... I'm just curious as to why you are so quick to call others (U.S., in this case) hypocrites....
    America - Land of the free, home of the brave.

Why do you shout foul so much and yet you are just as guilty of hypocracy when it comes right down to it? You say you are tolerant and yet have a far right-winged representative...

My comment is:You don t know what your talking about!Right-winged?

I m NOT yet i would vote for him cause the problems in the Netherlands keep getting worse!

i.e no homes,murder and drugs related crimes!
    Problems at schools because of a lot of imigrants who can t talk Dutch.

I say help is good but not when it brings you tons of truble...........than you must stop!

I have to keep my window curtains down otherwise i will get a burgler in my home[within a week]

So the reality was seen by this man and now some idiot killed him[political murder the first in the Netherlands......sad sad sad

I'm just curious as to why you are so quick to call others (U.S., in this case) hypocrites....

I don t call U.S or others hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

It's sad, no debating that.

So, what I'm getting from you is that the feeling in the Netherlands is that it's all the immigrant's fault?????

So be pro-drugs and get a drug problem, be pro-immigration and get burglary and housing shortages, etc.etc.??

And Fortuyn was right-winged, wasn't he? Conservative? I've been reading that everywhere so I hope the news has it right......
    America - Land of the free, home of the brave.

And Fortuyn was right-winged, wasn't he? Conservative? I've been reading that everywhere so I hope the news has it right...... [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats what his opponents would like belive the voters [just a stupid political game]
    cheers and good bye

Unhappy

Fortuyn whas killed today at 18.00 hours
    He dared to speak out his mind and challenged the communist bastards in Holland.
    Many called him Hitler/Haider and compared him with other racists, Fortuyn whas the only politician who backed up Israel. How could be a racist?

Holland is hypocrite and ****ed up, no doubt about it.

People are rioting now everywhere, a sign of how much he whas loved.
    I will still vote for his party.

I feel for you guys.

So the comparisons between he and the French's LePen were not accurate? Cause LePen is one messed up induhvidual, from what I can see. It's really strange that I would get that idea from every news agency I've come in contact with.

Do either of you know of a news agency or such that I can get a less biased view of the situation? It's so hard for me to make heads or tails of what happens cause the spin is just so BIG in the EU. I thought American newspapers were guilty of yellow journalism, what they do is a lil' fib compared to what the EU news sites are writing, amazing....
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Korpdeath> media like CNN are slowly picking up, especially now that the government is haveing a crisis meeting and riots are getting bigger in The Hague.

Check out the BBC

www.bbc.co.uk

Post think

I have never 'shouted foul', nor would ever judge the policies of other nations. Seems to be a liberal state of mind, yet I'm not a liberal...and in turn not a conservative, either. I enjoy taking both sides If one wants to marry a person of the same sex, fine with me, but don't be outraged by the oppsition that you find. If one wants to make smoking the sweet cheeba(as I do on occasion) a way of life, fine, but don't piss and moan that you're broke because of it. If one wants to hire an indescript woman or man to have sex for money, fine, but don't bitch about your image (or the possible VD).
    If I were to start a new political party, it would be called "Quit Bitching and Deal with It"...as most of the lawmaking functions, etc, are beyond the public's control...but are rather decisions made behind closed doors. The lawmakers who make such decisions, laws, proposals, etc, are 'duly elected officials' of course, but the voters must be aware of the political gains and potential ass-kissing that any one certain cantidate has in mind. It's a hard target to follow.
    As far as the 'immigrant' situation goes, I couldn't say as i don't live in the Netherlands, and don't follow the news that closely, as I have plenty to worry about here in the US...a nation blazed and founded by immigrants, nonetheless (but in perspective, what nation wasn't?)
    And I am sorry for the death of one of your citizens, but hey, what can you do, right? Those who have such a misguided passion for their beliefs who would stretch them to think that killing someone is making some kind of statement or are proving a point are TRULY misguided.
    BUT IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY, ALL OVER THE WORLD...you or I just may not hear about it.

In the end, I am thankful for my freedom to say these things that I've said, and the right to continue to say them. Politics will ALWAYS be corrupt, in one form or another. The best that we can do is to hold true to our own thoughts and opinions, not be swayed from them by any means, not ignorant of what you may see, hear or experience, but through perseverance and confidence in the VALIDITY of your own mind.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Holland is hypocrite and ****ed up, no doubt about it.

People are rioting now everywhere, a sign of how much he whas loved.
    I will still vote for his party.

So true!!Focmaester
    cheers and good bye

Well, the death of Pim Fortuyn was not nesscesery. Den Haag (The Hague) is being rampaged by nummorous people who are trying to storm the parlement. But this is not nesceserry. I don't no why they do this. The goverment is not the one to focus your anger on. Pim Fortuyn changed A LOT in dutch politics. He wouldn't have survived and after 4 years he would be out of it again. BUT HE DID CHANGE A LOT AND IT WOULDN"T HURT HAVING HIM IN FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. He couldn,t do anything. He's not the only one in our goverment you know. His death was not nescerry. He played with the problems of now. That is what gained him his fame. He played with the feelings of the people towards the current goverment. That's what gained him his fame. I feel verry sorry for his family.

My regards, Sick Dw@rf.
    Bleh.