Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bible code?

Question Bible code?

This is kinda old news but as I ain't seen it in cosmos I thought I would bring it up.....
    some of you may have heard of the code they have found in the bible which apparantly names people and events thousands of yrs after it was written

The Bible (or Torah) Code is a code alleged to have been intentionally embedded in the Bible. The code is revealed by searching for equidistant letter sequences (ELS). For example, start with any letter ("N") and read every nth letter ("D") thereafter in the book, not counting spaces. If an entire book such as Genesis is searched, the result is a long string of letters. Using different values for "N" and "D", one can generate many strings of letters. Imagine wrapping the string of letters around a cylinder in such a way that all the letters can be displayed. Flatten the cylinder to reveal several rows with columns of equal length, except perhaps the last column which might be shorter than all the rest. Now search for meaningful names in proximity to dates. Search horizontally, vertically, diagonally, any which way
    find the full article here

so what does everyone think? msgs left for us which could reveal our future | or simply a bunch of people with 2 muh time on their hands who have read too deep into the bible?

v_Ln

The Bible Code is certainly interesting, although a lot of it can be interpreted however you wish - i.e. you can often make the Bible say what you want it to say. I seriously doubt that there are messages left for us, if they could see the future then why not tell people more obviously and prevent disasters such as WWI & WWII?
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

GreekGoddess
    Right now....I'm doing a little online research of it. Honestly, I didn't know anything about the Bible Code, but it is fascinating, and I want to try it out for myself...While I'm thinking of a good answer to your question, I looked up http://members.aol.com/prophecy04/Ar...BibleCode.html
    on Google....it goes into a little bit more of the who/when and some interesting theories...

MUAHAHAHA I think I found a new obsession... *LOL*

well...seeing as it was authored in a different language, with a different charecter set(that cannot be mached letter-for-letter with the alphabet we use now), i'd say its sombody with too much time on their hands.
    i see it kinda like this...i can type random letters and write a program to iterate through the possible letter-replacements and then i'm sure i will find messages in just about anything. hell, this post may fortell the comming of the anti-christ...
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

oh yea, also it would depend on which version of the bible you are reading and maybe even what edition. if you have the King James version it will be different than other versions.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Thumbs up

You could get a lot of messages
    by playing all those 1960s and 70s
    rock and roll songs backward.

"This is SATAN speaking, I want you
    to go to your high school and kill
    everyone!"
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Give us the code.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

MUAHAHAHA I think I found a new obsession... *LOL*
    heh as long as you don't forget about AO with your new obsesion GG
    but if you do find anything intresting about it keep posting us the links

v_Ln

In a lesson on school, we have discussed about this and about the hiden messafes on the heavy metal's music's CDs. Our teacher said that if you hear backward your Heavy Metal's CD in the most CDs you hear a voice to call you kill and believe him (Imagine who!!! SATAN). Another time he said us that in that CDs the singers mix a message in low volume with the song, that message when we will hear it, it stays on our mind and after a long time it make reality everything the message says. These are two ways that Satan and his fans have made to spread the evil. Oh mum, i'm scared.

Originally posted here by ii-monk
    In a lesson on school, we have discussed about this and about the hiden messafes on the heavy metal's music's CDs. Our teacher said that if you hear backward your Heavy Metal's CD in the most CDs you hear a voice to call you kill and believe him (Imagine who!!! SATAN). Another time he said us that in that CDs the singers mix a message in low volume with the song, that message when we will hear it, it stays on our mind and after a long time it make reality everything the message says. These are two ways that Satan and his fans have made to spread the evil. Oh mum, i'm scared.
    no worries...thats just the standard "meavy metal is the cause of all the worlds ills" BS. infact its 100% bull ****, pure, un-cut, and not from concentrate :-P. dont believe everything you hear, even if it is from teachers.
    -8-