Thread: Help on Encryption

Help on Encryption

Guys... jus tell me where can you find some good, worthwhile tutorials and tips on crEATING ENCRYPTIONs. U know... books, web pages, links, etc...

- Adieu

Do you just want to encrypt something or you want a programmer's point of view on coding an encryption routine?

or....do you want material to create a report?
    Ah well...I\'m back on AntiOnline!

If you are looking to learn about existing forms of encryption, I recommend "Applied Cryptography" and "The Codebook". If you are looking to create your own form of encryption from scratch? I recommend the same two books, and also countless hours studying for a masters in chaos theory, and a few other fun things (that is if you want it to be mathematically secure anyway). If you are just playing around and want to have fun doing it and don't really care if it is breakable in less than 5 mins on a 80286 then just start using inverses on ASCII values as this is pretty much where the world of crypto is today, it just uses some hard to do without knowing inverses...
    http://www25.brinkster.com/cheeseball

-- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment--

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    "Applied Cryptography" is the bible of encryption. That book kicks ass. It includes the source code for a few different forms of encryption. I know you can also find the source for pgp online and in book format (at least for the older pre-mccaffe pgp versions).

What exactly do you want to create? A computer bassed encryption scheme? Or are you wondering how write in code, and want some ideas on how it works? The book "Cryptonomican" by Neil Stephenson has a simple encryption scheme that uses a deck of cards, and actually contains the perl source code also.

Then there are also declassifed books like "Military Cryptanalisys" which was pretty good, but that is about breaking encryption, not creating it.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

There's a standard XOR encryption in C++ floating around the Internet, it's always popping up and there's only about 10 lines. I'll see if I can find it...

the simple 10 lines of code you are speaking of are on my page at http://www25.brinkster.com/cheeseball under the programming section...
    http://www25.brinkster.com/cheeseball

-- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment--