Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: School Hypocrites

School Hypocrites

Okay listen to this..

In school we have IDs (its a high school) u scan ur ID each day in a machine and it takes attendance and sends sheets to the teacher so they know u are in the building and if u dont show up for their class they fill in a buble and it tells them that u cut and it marks it on the computer. I cut 8 classes that were not excuses this year (year ends in under 3 months) and i missed 1 detension for school... So when i scanner my ID the siren went off and they took me down to the dean.. The dean was like "where were u for 5th period yesterday Steven?" i said "i cut the class..." shes like "You have 8 cuts this year steven and ur a senior and ur trying to get out of here... and you also cut a detension for cutting..." im like "can i make it up?" shes like "The last time u were suspended was in sept... I think we need to give you another one to teach u a leason" me - "What leason is that...? that the school is a hypocrite and if you cut a class they will suspend u so u miss ALL your classes instead of one... wow gotta love public schools"

needless to say that bought me a trip to the principle and another day of suspension...

Any Thoughts Or Opinions On This Subject?
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

I dunno about the suspension, they have to punish you somehow. All I'm gonna say is that school of yours sounds like a friggen jail mate. It's like you are in the damn Big Brother house, under survellience 24-7. At my high-school, they didn't have nothing like that. They really couldn't give a rats ass where you were. When they needed to tell you off, they did, that's about it. If you were away, they would sometimes mark it, sometimes they wouldn't really check.

Anyways, I dunno, I just don't agree with the amount of survellience your school has, that's just too much I reckon. Anyways, that's what I think.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

hehe
    damn schools!
    but i was just thinking...your school has a id scanning system in place? whoa..i have just been thinking about that concept for the past couple of days! I never thought it would be implimented in schools! That's...cool
    haha
    Cheers!
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    It has been my experience to NEVER EVER question the flawed logic of the public school system. You will only land yourself in a deeper hole than the one you began in.
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

i got that shiot all the time, i was the king of telling the school about its hipocritical and beuricratic ways, without getting in trouble... they hted me cause i eventually got enough kids together to complain (along with their parents) change the rules
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

We also have machines u walk threw that are metal detectors and we have our own police station inside the school. Above all that we have 3 cameras in each hallway of the school that give 24 hour video feed into the police station in the school... Needless to say cutting is something that u can rarely get away with but it is still a well practiced thing...

They are going to implement machines inside each class for u to scan so they can mark u eletronicly from lateness and keeping u from leaving the classrooms... Also put them at the lunch room doors so u cant cut classes and go to lunch...

Also i go to a VERY LARGE public school... Student body is a unknown size to me but i live in Philadelphia and its one of the largest schools here that i know of. They have 80 % of the doors in the building bolted locked *from the inside* This is illegal and i am currently makeing a video tape of all the doors that are locked as a fire hazard and i am takeing it to the school district because the principle is the one that ordered the doors to be locked
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

When I was in my final year in secondry sochool (high school) the management tried to install video cameras in the hallways and outside the school.
    The student body was very vocal in opposing these cameras and we forced (through various tactics) the management to remove the cameras in the hallways.
    I'd love to see them try to install systems like those in NetSyn's school. There would be riots! And if the students lost their battle and they were put in operation at least half the students (the older half) would refuse point blank to use them (i.e. ever swipe their cards).
    It seems to me that students in Ireland have much more power than those in other countries (especially in the U.S). For instance when I was in fifth year (second last year) a student was wrongfully suspended (he didn't do it) and the entire year (approx. 150 students) went on strike in protest (if a teacher entered a classroom everybody left). All 150 of us were suspended over this so we took our case to the local politicians and after two days of a two week suspension we were all back in school (including the original wrongfully suspended person), the principal lost his job (he is still a teacher in the school just no longer the principle) and three other teachers were put on probation (whatever that means).
    Properly organised students can have a very strong political voice (all those future voters) and some students in my area are starting to realise this and as a result school is getting much fairer for them.

P.s. All that said the educational climate in Ireland is quite different from those in other countries. Thanks to our Draconian gun laws here only about one in 10000 students could get thier hands on a handgun (children of major (and only the major) criminals mainly), only one in ten (roughly) could easily get a shotgun and less still have the ability to even hold a rifle if they so desired, and as a result no Irish teachers will lay awake at night wondering if they will get shot tomorrow (unless they are really really paranoid). Cause of this some security measures used in schools in other countries are considered an infringement of the stundent rights here.
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.

No wonder no one gets an education today. You're all too busy bitchin' about badly the teachers treat you. In my day....blah blah blah.....old man remarks.......blah blah.

You aren't gonna change the school by bitching. But then again in my high school days most kids were too apathetic to do anything meaningful.

Netsyn- Just take it like a man, we've all been through it.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

i have to say.. a lot of security that they add to the schools actually make it very uncomfortable to be in the school, it makes you feel like your worthless and are being put down. It degrades moral, and by doing so degrades performence. like people say.. it feels like a prison or something... and you know how the moral is in most of them...
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

wow, that is a ****ing prison...and it would be a good idea to complain about it, coz it seem's that they are making all the student's jumpy, something which is not a good thing...

Go for it, if the door's are locked the it would be really dangerous... :P
    Good luck
    - Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.