View Poll Results: Your opinion on a return SMB and/or Syslog connection after a probe is detected?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure - it\'s a good idea!

1 14.29%
  • Perhaps a good idea - needs work though.

3 42.86%
  • That\'s serious grey area, Fred.

1 14.29%
  • Bah - try something else... like email.

0 0%
  • No way! That\'s an invasion of privacy!

0 0%
  • Notify? What for? Why would you want to do that?

1 14.29%
  • I don\'t know.

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate Microsoft? Click Here >

Hate Microsoft? Click Here >

Just needing a bit of humor, i stumbled upon this at:

http://www.gdargaud.net/Humor/Quotes...html#Microsoft

tell me wot you think of them

1. "I wonder what Jesus would do if He had to reload Windows 95 for the eighth time today ?"
    2. "DOS never says 'EXCELLENT command or filename'."
    3. "It's been said that Bill Gates named his company after his dick..."
    4. "Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO is the answer."
    5. "...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates.
    6. "What does the Start button do — isn't the computer already running ?"
    7. "Why should I press the Start button to turn the computer off ?"
    8. "I had a fortune cookie the other day and it said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    9. "'Intel Inside': The world's most widely used warning label."

and last but not least (in my opinion THE BEST)

10. "...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system."

Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

hehehe...no. 10 is the best way.
    Listen closely to your enemies. They tell you your faults.

hehehe...no. 10 is the best way.
    Listen closely to your enemies. They tell you your faults.

Banned
    Heh, You bash on Windows but ill bet anything that you typed this post on a Windows system... And that you use Windows at home all day long... Only bash companies if you have a gripe with them, not just because you found something on the net and thought it was cool.... Bashing MS is a privelage, not a right.... Now AOL, Theres someone that every person here can make fun of

I have to agree with Acid, besides are you talking about best OS as a server or best OS for on the desktop, because sorry to say it but Linux and some other opensource systems are not better (yet) on the desktop. For example, Linux with a matrox dual head doesn't support 3d, OpenBSD doesn't support smpt nor Java,
    but if you are talking about as a webserver/ftp server then the open source systems and also MacOS X beat Windows.

Originally posted here by ac1dsp3ctrum
    Heh, You bash on Windows but ill bet anything that you typed this post on a Windows system...
    It would be nice if I had some choice about which OS I use, unfortunately the majority of educational institutions in the UK seem to think that Windows is the way to go and the UK government loves proprietory software.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

acid spec,

does RedHat 7.1 sound like windows to you???

Banned
    Originally posted by frednirk
    does RedHat 7.1 sound like windows to you???
    Well, if you switch some letters, add some letters, and leave out some letters, it does...
    Hmmm, 'RedHat' actually sounds like Wet Hat...

Oh btw, no. 5 and no. 10 are the same

I have to agree with ac1d and foc. I use both linux and windows on a dual boot machine. That way i get best of both worlds Pwaring: The UK government cant really use open source because of habits that mean they need the use of a "popular" OS