View Poll Results: i want to close this program from running in the background, and in the taskbar.

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • no

0 0%
  • options

1 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antipoints?

Banned

Post Antipoints?

Antipoints? I'm pretty sure the Cosmos-forum is about the only forum where antipoints are used the way they are supposed to be.... but then again... Do you think AP's should apply to Cosmos or not?

Yes, it's good to reward the well-written, well thought out posts. And it's good to punish the stupid posts, or the ones that don't belong here.
    Why am I still here?

Antipoints? I'm pretty sure the Cosmos-forum is about the only forum where antipoints are used the way they are supposed to be.... but then again... Do you think AP's should apply to Cosmos or not?
    Yeah I don't see why not. If I see a post that I think deserved AP's, then I'll give it some greenies. It doesn't matter who posted it or where it is. But I don't believe in giving out negative points anyway since it doesn't really achieve anything IMO. So if I don't like a post, I just ignore it .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

I would say leave the antipoints in for Cosmos for the reasons noted by Alcatraz.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Of course antipoints should apply to Cosmos, otherwise we'd get all the idiots flooding the forum with mindless comments. Insightful comments should be rewarded whilst those who make stupid posts should receive negative antipoints.

I don't give AP because I (dis)agree with a post, but only if there is obvious time, effort and understanding there, which is why I probably don't get many antipoints from this forum.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

It doesn't matter either way. Not too many members use them in cosmos.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

how about...get rid of the bad antipoints? like....have only good antipoints, that way you'll know if someone has been ..er..'good' or if they have been doing nothing.
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

I am stupid and write stupid stuff 90% of the time...

Give me negs please

I don't believe in rating systems except for the occasionnal women ratings I give to passing babes

ooops more negs coming!
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

If I see a post that I think deserved AP's, then I'll give it some greenies. It doesn't matter who posted it or where it is. But I don't believe in giving out negative points anyway since it doesn't really achieve anything IMO. So if I don't like a post, I just ignore it .

Yeah, what he said....lol. If I see a well thought out, and well written post, I would like to have the opportunity to give greenies for it. And there isn't really anything to be gained by giving reds, unless it's someone who really really needs it. I think most of the people who respond to the Cosmos forum are mature enough to be able to use the Antipoint system correctly.

I'm pretty sure the Cosmos-forum is about the only forum where antipoints are used the way they are supposed to be....
    I agree.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I concur.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson