Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone! Leave Sympatico Now!!!

Everyone! Leave Sympatico Now!!!

Rogers Cable Internet Service sucks, and Sympatico is a run down company, and I hope Bell Canada will go bankrupt very soon! Sympatico ADSL service will now have a 5 GB upload and a 5GB download limit, anything over that? $7.95/GB! Here their reason on Bell Sympatico's offical website:

Bell Sympatico™ is always striving to provide our members with a quality experience on the Internet - we understand that waiting for your favourite sites to load is never fun! The Bandwidth Activity Tracker is just one way Sympatico will ensure that all our members can continue to enjoy their high speed connection to the Internet.

Use of the Internet has evolved rapidly from emailing and occasional surfing. Today, more and more of us are choosing to upload and download (send and receive) digital pictures, multiplayer games, and music and video clips.

This kind of data is complex and requires more bandwidth to transmit these files. For example, it takes more bandwidth to email a family photo than it takes to send a text email.

To keep pace with our customers' evolving Internet usage needs, Bell Canada, like all Internet service providers, must continually invest in expanding and upgrading our network. One of the ways we are addressing this need is by introducing a charge for bandwidth activity that exceeds 5 GBs upload or download.

And I'd say: **** off! you strive to make money, no make your customers happy. Quality my ass, it's ****ing slow comparing to all other providers except the fake ass Primius that uses the Bell service (renamed it under some contract) (probably), plus now, it's freaking limited!
    Oh! Funny part, here's what they recommand you to do to keep in the limit:

There are many ways to control bandwidth usage. Here are just a few tips:

-Limit your use of file-sharing programs like Morpheus, KaZaA, AudioGalaxy, Gnutella, BearShare, LimeWire and iMesh. File-sharing programs can generate an enormous amount of traffic when downloading and sharing files. Remember to completely close any file sharing program when it's not in use - don't just minimize it!
    -Avoid continuously listening to Internet radio stations as they use a continuous stream of bandwidth.
    -Increase the size of your Web browser's cache. Your computer will access the files it needs from its hard drive rather than the Internet. This saves bandwidth and your time as well! For help with checking your Web browser's cache, see: www1.sympatico.ca/help/Software/cachesize.html
    -Compress files using a program like WinZip before emailing them.
    -Completely close all Web-conferencing applications such as CU-SeeMe when not in use.
    Avoid long email signatures.

I'd say: What the **** do you thing you're doing? So, I'm going to limit my internet experience just for you to make more money? Go ****ing Bankrupt!

Sympatico charges you about $45 ****ing dollars every month for their service! Same as everyone else, plus, if I just pay $5 more, I could get up to 1.3 Mbps downstream, and 320 kbps upstream. Ready for playing Halo (XBOX) online with Gamespy Acrade (requires 256 kbps).

AccessVantage charges the following*:
    Now $19.95 * per month - for first 3 months (* limited time offer)
    Regular price: $29.95 per month
    DSL modem rental at $8.95 # per month
    -unlimited internet access

Look Communications charges the following*:
    Monthly Rate $36.95
    Introductory Offer First 3 months @ $24.95
    -Unlimited
    -Must purchase DSL modem

* No setup fee required

Most other DSL companies does not charge fees for the bandwidth volume! They're all unlimited! SO BELL CANADA! I HOPE YOUR INTERNET SERVICE DEPARTMENT WILL START TO LOOSE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS PER MONTH, CAUSING YOU ALL TO GO BANKRUPT! THEN, THAT WILL MAKE YOU LEARN TO MESS WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS!

*shrugs*
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

You think that's bad? On my ISP I have a 5GB download limit and 1GB upload limit. Even with these limits, I haven't had any major problems.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

I am pretty sure more and more broadband providers are going to do the same thing. More and more users are going to demand more bandwidth, and the big wigs need to do something. It is all about the money.

Yes, that is why most of them will go bankrupt! Just if I know how to network and stuff, I will start my own ISP! Then, grab the businesses from them! Watch them go banktrupt, and LMAO!!!!!!!!

Alrighty then....

Damn I feel lucky. Charter offers a capped pipe at up to 1mbs for $29 and a corperate 1.5mbs at $39. They even have a mettered service for $19 a month. So I can't complain realy. The only bad thing is depends on what area you are in. If you are in a competing market then you only have to get their basic analog cable for $10 extra a month. If you are not in one of those areas then you have to get basic digital cable for anywhere from $19-$39 a month. Anyway, it's still a good deal. I get a great pipe and so far no competition for bandwidth. At least this is how it is where I live. I know Charter is different in other locals depending on if its their pipe or a leased one from RR or ATT and so forth.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Here in Australia you can get cable for $75 a month(Stop whinging Lawrance)
    The good point about it is....30 gig a month total bandwidth.

Those prices do sound bad and i hope the customers speak with their wallets!!

I'm still using my 56k modem unlimited access for $25 a mth.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    It's to be expected...here, Tampa Bay Roadrunner just started their preferred service where residential cable users get a limited upload/download amount and pay for the amount they use after that. Why? Because of all the teeny-boppers and college students downloading the planet on Kazaa, Morpheus, etc etc. Add in the multiplayer games and whatnot and you end up having bandwidth problems network-wide.

That's why I pay for Business Class Static, 3mbs down, 768kbytes/s up true. No restrictions, no worries, no anything...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

As I clearly said in another post, I ditched sympatico 100 years ago, any newbie will jump on sympatico in Canada making it the most overcrowded ISP up north, they got great marketing skills...
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]