Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JP's Arrest -- Clarification

JP's Arrest -- Clarification

Just FYI, from the best of my knowledge...

If you checked the front page recently you would see that JP is being arrested. Worried? Nah. Apparently it is part of a fundraiser. The MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) is locking up participating celebrities until 'bail' is donated. It's a sort of fundraiser joke, people. Just to make that clear.

Secondly, Muscular Dystrophy is a genetically based disease which basically causes muscle cells to fail to regenerate. When you excercise, muscle cells die and grow back stronger than before. For people with MD, they don't. The cells that replace the muscle may be fat cells instead. I had a friend a few years ago who was afflicted with MD, and was in a wheelchair constantly.

So, to boil it down:
    JP is being mock-arrested as a fundraiser
    MD is an icky affliction, money is needed for research (hence the fundraiser)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

lmao....what a great idea...

It is great to see someone giving back to others...I wish everyone was like that

yes.....hes NOT SELLING MDMA, or e as many people have awsked
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

TechieChick
    I bailed Mr. TC out two years in a row now...you'd think I'd learn.

Well Jp gets what he deserves. After all rape of a penguin is wrong.......

In all seriousness though. It is a good cause. I'll donate myself as soon as I can. I dump most of my money into diabettes research since I am a juvinille diabetic myself. So anybody that donates to his/her research charity of choice neads a big pat on the back. Kudo's to all that do.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

System_Overload

Thumbs up

Thats really cool... Im happy to see JP got put in the slammer. *lol* better him then me. I hope he has fun.

System_0verload

Heh, not that I'd like to see it happen, but what if nobody bails JP out?

I should give something however...*sigh*, victims of "natural" disease always bother me. Because most of the time, only good, honest, trust-worthy people get infected...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

heh.. I was worried there for a moment. I was about ready to make some calls. But yes it is a very good deed JP is doing got those folks and I'm sure he'll have some good stories to tell when he gets back.
    Viper

Lol, I have bailed my mom out several years in a row now, too.

Just for clarification...he doesn't actually go to a real jail, more like a call center where he can call people to contribute more money. At least that's the way they do it here!

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

JP called me stupid for not getting the joke at first..... heh i lost a bit of respect for him there
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..