Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: star wars

star wars

how illegal and or hard would it be to obtain star wars episode 2
    im a newbie and im just trying to measure the pros and cons
    i don't want to actually be led to a site or e-mailed the files i just want to know the penalties

u can have a pirated copy on your computer for 1 day only then you have 2 delete it (so i"ve been told)
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Camcorder+Movie Ticket=Copy of StarWars

Seriously though. We don't swap or trade pirate copies and such here. This is a security site. If you want info on this. Get Kazaa, Grokster, Limewire or any of the many file sharing progies around.

Just search Google for them. http://www.google.com
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

It's easy

and as prodikal said, legal if u don't have it for more then one day,
    just google / irc (NOT AO ! !) / KaZaA it...

(did I just help a " warez dood "?? where is this world comming 2??)
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

from what I hear...the movie was filmed all digital, and therefore, you need to view it on a digital player, such as DVD or the dreaded movie theater in order to really get the full effect, so unless you want to ruin it by seeing a crappy warez version...just pay the 7 or 8 bucks to go see it..

It would be easy to obtain Star Wars 2, just take a camcorder into the cinema and tape it.

As for how illegal this is, well it's piracy so it's obviously illegal and, depending on how your criminal record looks and what country you live in, you could get anything from a slap on the wrist to 5 years imprisonment (or maybe more, I don't know how strict countries other than the UK are).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Ninja Code Monkey
    Hrm....how hard? Not very. Penalty could be thousands of $ in fines and possibly jail time depending on how far they want to pursue things and if you further distribute it. Go buy a movie ticket.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Banned
    I never did understand that whole "it's ok if you have it for one day" thing....

I've also heard it for game roms....

Why is it only illegal after two days? Is this a rental policy? What if I wanted to "rent" it for a week?

I don't remember coming across a clause like this in the legal books.... as far as I can tell, it's always illegal

Ninja Code Monkey
    I think the whole one day thing is a myth.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

You can't just pirate something for one day, otherwise what's to stop people "renting" it for one day, then another one day etc.?

If you want to see the film so badly, just go and buy a movie ticket, it'll probably be cheaper than buying a pirated copy anyway...
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.