Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: star wars

IMHO to get a good and full movie experience go and see it.. And when it's released on DVD buy it.. Never trust crapy DivX or VCD copy's if you really want to have entertainment .

System_Overload

Thumbs up

*lol* It's not hard at all.... I have had Star Wars II for a while now....

You can find it in some irc channels or you can try downloading Kazaa.....

You can find Kazaa at kazaa.com

System_0verload

how illegal
    entirely and completely....kind of like how pregnant are you....you is or you isn't

and or hard would it be to obtain star wars episode 2
    not hard at all

im a newbie
    really?

and im just trying to measure the pros and cons
    to avoid being a con, leave it the the pros

i don't want to actually be led to a site or e-mailed the files
    lmao...can you imagine trying to email a divx - you'd have to split it into like 60000 segments...

i just want to know the penalties
    15 years $250,000 some places...

just pay the 7 or 8 bucks to go see it..
    must be nice...12 bucks here for an evening show...9.50 for a matinee
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Honestly, just contact someone in Hong Kong or China and tell them to get it for you. They are all VCDs, Video Compact Disc.

System_Overload
    TMD kicks the crap outa VCD.......

Oh yeah if your going to be downloading movies be sure to download a divx player.....
    divx.com

System_0verload

prodikal the whole 1 day thing is a load of BS
    Offences: Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988

Under Section 107(1) a person commits an offence who, without the licence of the copyright owner -
    (a) makes for sale or hire, or
    (b) imports into the United Kingdom otherwise that for his private and domestic use, or
    (c) possesses in the course of a business with a view to committing any act infringing the copyright, or
    (d) in the course of a business - (i) sells or lets for hire, or
    (ii) offers or exposes for sale or hire, or
    (iii) exhibits in public, or
    (iv) distributes, or
    (e) distributes otherwise than in the course of a business to such an extent as to affect prejudicially the owner of the copyright, an article which is, and which he knows or has reason to believe is, an infringing copy of a copyright work.

Under Section 107(2) a person commits an offence who -
    (a) makes an article specially designed or adapted for making copies of a particular copyright work, or
    (b) has such an article in his possession
    knowing or having a reason to believe that it is to be used to make infringing copies for sale or hire or for use in the course of a business.

Under Section 107(3) where copyright is infringed (otherwise than by reception of a broadcast or cable programme) -
    (b) by the public performance of a literary, dramatic or musical work, or
    (b) by the playing or showing in public of a sound recording or film,

any person who caused the work to be so performed, played or shown is guilty of an offence if he knew or had reason to believe that copyright would be infringed.
    it doesn't state that it only become illegal after a day

v_Ln

As Valhallen pointed out, it's illegal to obtain a pirated copy of it at all. There is no law that states you're allowed to have it for twenty-four hours, that's just a myth that lets people justify what they're doing.

Technically speaking, with something like software, you could have more than one installed copy, as long as only one copy of the program was in use at any given point in time.

At any rate, pirating or obtaining a pirate copy of Star Wars is not a good idea. Just fork over the bucks and go see it at the movie theatre. It'll help Lucas pay for the next installment, and hopefully that'll pay for VII, VIII, and IX.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?