Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Banned for life?

System_Overload

Talking

Don't mind this thread..... For some reason my thread posted twice.....

System_0verload

Re: Banned for life?

Originally posted here by retfarcratS
    Ummm...there i was just having some fun in the chat room when all of a sudden i was booted and then banned! Why...I was asking legit questions about donations and getting to know a few of the people in the room when some D**K decides to boot me!

Does this happen a lot?

I was not being rude or anything...

Fraggle Rock
    Unfortunatly yes this does happen alot.Most of these ops at these IRC #channels get thier collective kicks by kicking people off the #rooms,alot of the time for nothing at all.
    you dont have to do anything other than say something that one of the ops doesn't agree with and you will get kicked.It's thier way of showing you that they have power and that they can do it at random.

These are people that are to chicken **** to stand up for themselves in the real world because they are afraid
    that they might just get thier ass kicked,so they come to IRC and somehow manage to get oped by a friend and start to show thier what they think is power over you by kicking you off for most of the time no reason at all.
    Dont get me wrong sometimes there are legitimate reasons for kicking someone off the #channel,but most of the time it's done out of malice and not for any legitimate reason.

The thing is that IRC is is danger of becoming non-existent because of DDOS attacks from people that are sick and tired of being kicked from a #channel simply because they might have said something that an op
    didn't seem to agree with.
    You can blame script kiddies for the DDOS attacks all that you want but the real reason for the attacks is
    because of these lame ass ops that think that they have power over people simply because they can kick you from thier #channel.That's why we have IRC being attacked by DDOS,for every action there is a re-action and this is what happens when IRC ops get out of hand.

If you want my opinion on IRC ,you would serve your self better by reading a book on the subject rather than asking someone in IRC for help.Most of the time you wont get an answer or they will tell you to RTFM.

It seems like most of the so-called "leet" that frequent these #channels forget that at one time they too were
    newbies and in need of some assistance,they somehow forget that you keep what you have by passing it on to the next person that wants to learn.

Last but not least,if your on a #channel and some ******* op kicks you off for no reason at all and I really
    mean "no reason" other than he wants to be an *******,do what I do,get his ip and nuke his ass.Every time that he comes back on nuke him again,make a small script and put his ip in a contenous loop that will nuke
    him every time that he comes into the #channel,if that doesn't seem to work than just DDOS the #channel.
    Dont get mad,get even.
    Finally just because you were banned doesn't mean that you cant get into that #channel again,ops think that they can ban you from thier #channel,dont belive that if you want to know how to get around thosr bans drop me a line and I will be more than happy to tell and show you how.

Later
    Crimina1

Banned
    Yeah people apologize to AntiChat all the time, hehe..... they dont know its a bot... i mean i guess it would be logical if you didnt see AntiChat replying to !stat commands all the time.....

but oh well, your welcome back into the chat, i removed the Ban, just dont do anything like that again please.

Hi mom!
    [01:20] *** Liran sets mode: -b *!*@anti-83AB8DC.biz.dsl.gtei.net

Welcome back.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

I forget what or who posted it. But a week or so ago someone posted a log where some noob actualy said an apology to Antichat...LOL
    smirc: /msg AntiChat a/s/l?
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

jethro showed me the log from the chat..I did not realize that i had my cursor positioned in the nickname field...hence when i hit return...my nickname changed a few times.

So...Dome...what did i do that i should not do again?

thx for the responses people ....especially Criman1...we'll be in touch.

Hi mom!
    obviously, what you shouldn't do again is place your cursor in the nickname field
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

I forget what or who posted it. But a week or so ago someone posted a log where some noob actualy said an apology to Antichat...LOL
    hehe yeah it was me.. lol it was a crack up tho.. me and Liran were havin a discussion on whether to post it or not.. but it was too funny to pass.. hahaha

yeah ive been ditched indefinetly, lol, louie didnt like me, i cant login with any mode, iam "not welcome on the server" and ive to email JP.

lol, and i dont know what ive done

preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

Banned
    retfarcratS: well refer http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=227637
    for a list of IRC Rules i put up....

and dont change nicks too much or flood or anything like that and you shall be fine