Thread: Forcing CDROM to copy into Hard drive

Forcing CDROM to copy into Hard drive

Hello Ppl,
    Another non-security related question, hope you guys can help out.
    My friend has a Creative CDROM, while I have an LG. Regardless of the quality of the movie stored on a CD, whether it contains hang-ups and glictches, his CDROM easily copies the whole CD into his hard drive. But my LG is a bit of a dandy, a single glitch, or momentary hang-up in the movie.. and it just stops copying and exits with some message such as "Can't read I/O device".
    So anything I can do about this?? Is there any program that'd allow me to somehow force my CDROM into copying the CD regardless of any defects.

Thanks for any help!

Sorry about the triple-post. Didn't mean to.

Hi mom!
    Just delete the other two posts, use the edit post button. About copying: try dos, good ol' dos: xcopy d:\*.* c:\targetdir /s /e
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

I don't think that the size and/or quality of the CD is the problem. It sounds like (can't read IO device) that you are clogging up your system. I would suggest a bigger HDD and more RAM. Expensive, I know, but that is what usually solves that problem. Did you upgrade your player without upgrading any other components?

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

I owned an L.G writer for 2 weeks until i gave up on it and took it back and swapped it for a Sony.
    The problem you talk about is what pissed me off.The ways it would stop and lock-up when it came to a file it did not recognise..Mostly halfway through writing it would it do this and spit the disk out half written.
    I tried to install "Nero" to try another writting program but the L.G would not recognise any other drivers or App's.

My thought on L.G = Low Grade

LG is very low grade.....that IS your problem, I am assumeing you have a compaq and that it came with the computer....take it out junk it or sell it. I suggest you buy a liteon or a plexor instead you'll be amazed at the difference.

Why don't you try Isobuster? It 'll copy anything readable from any cdrom, even if windows refuses to do so.
    You 'll find it here: http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
    It also opens almost any cdimage file stored on your harddisk

Geeez!
    Thanx for the responses guys. Sorry that I didn't reply back earlier, its the end of the semester and had to hand in a few term projects. But anyway, I really didn't expect so many ppl to actively respond to my query. Antionline seems like a great place.. .. I'm setting up home.
    - insanity

CloneCD and ISO Buster work pretty well together, just take about 20 minutes to figure out how they both work. CloneCD has lots of error correction tools in it and you can copy an image to your drive and then use ISO Buster to get the files out of the image file. It works similar to WinZip, kinda.