Thread: Air Soft BB Guns

Air Soft BB Guns

If any of you know what airsofts are then youd know that they use to have alot of "Legal Issues"

Ive search high and low for a website that says if they were illegal in my area and i have come up with NOTHING

so i was curious if anyone know the if AirSofts or BB guns in general are illegal in the areas of

1. PA (NE Philadelphia)
    2. New Jersey (N WildWood)

If anyone can help itd be very cool of them
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

I have an airgun that shoots rubber bullets. I used to have a BBGun that used to shoot plastic pellets. They used to sting like ****
    There's no law against it over here, but then gun laws are pretty lax compared to laws over in America, I believe.

jethro i dunno about in the south but the laws in the north have been tightened since Dunblain
    Although i own a 1.77 air rifle...heh its class esp with the fitted scope

v_Ln

Here is a forum that is pretty active in talking about AirSoft stuff. I'm very active on this ParkerPC bbs that this is hosted at, and I know they'd help you if they could. Possibly they'd have an answer for ya or know where you could get one. http://www.parkerpc.com/cgi-bin/ulti...ubb=forum;f=20

Jethro as it is illegal to sell BBguns here (ever see them selling anywhere) but it is not illegal to own them (I don't get the reasoning behind that). I have a fair few of them (I bought in france).

What do you mean gun laws are lax over here compared to America? Ireland has some of the toughest gun laws in the world. If you don't own land you have to prove you've some place to shoot a rifle before you buy it (i.e written permission from two landowners (with more than 50 acres) to shoot on their land), you have to keep the gun and ammo in a safe when its not in use, and there's no chance in hell that you can buy a handgun for any reason what so ever (a friend of mine is on the Irish shooting team and he hopes to enter in the pistol catergory in the next olympics and he has to travel to the nearest army base to practise and he cannot even buy a custom pistol to use), .....etc.

And NetSyn check with a local gunclub cause they'll surely know.
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.

I would just call your local police department actually. They can give you the exact legalities, and save you some misunderstanding with anyone. It would be fast, easy, and practically fool-proof. Just make sure you note the officer's name that you spoke too, and you're covered.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Oh right, sorry