Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: annother anti-points thought...

annother anti-points thought...

currently, when you assign points to a post, if you make a mistake you cant correct it(it says something like "you have already submitted anti-points for this post"). now, i know i have made mistakes a few times, and would like to be able to correct them. wouldnt it be pretty easy to make it so you could change your assignment...just a few lines of code like:
    if(antipointsassigned < 0 && newassignment > 0)
    assignpoints(newassignment);
    else if(antipointsassigned > 0 && newassignment < 0)
    assignpoints(newassignment);

obviously this is just a rough outline of what would be done, but you get the idea.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

8 ball, this is a good idea, i myself hav accidently givin positive antipoints for a negative post. This sucks because they get good points for a bad post, making their rank at antionline better, when it should be worse!
    Just My Two Cents,
    XPaCiScOoL

[glowpurple]\"Your Smallest Flaw is my greatest Strength.\" - Me[/glowpurple]

never had a problem
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

I think this is a very good idea. A member (will not mention who) recently pmed me saying sorry b/c they gave negs instead of positive antipoints, and telling me they can't change it b/c of that screen that comes up saying they've already given a user anti's. I do think this is a good idea.

Maybe someone can finally tell me what all this anti point fever is all about ? What does a person win if his
    "rank" is high ? or what does he loose if his rank is low ? what are the incentives for a good rank vs a bad rank ? I just keep hearing so many people talking about how many "greenies" they have but I have yet to see
    how or what that exactly boils down to.Does a good rank make you a better person ? or a bad rank make you a bad person ? and by whos standards are these rankings being judged by ? god ? , because I cant see anyone else qualified to enough to do it.
    I've seen people get flamed by others for what they posted simply because someone didn't agree with what said person had to say in his/her post,and then again I've seen that same person get big-ups because others liked the post.So what one person might see as lame another might see as good.
    So like I said who are the so -called gods that make these decisions about who is naughty or nice ?

crimina1
    P.S.
    Alot of the people here at antionline really need to learn how to SPELL before they decide to criticize
    others on there posts.

Originally posted here by Crimina1
    Maybe someone can finally tell me what all this anti point fever is all about ? What does a person win if his
    "rank" is high ? or what does he loose if his rank is low ? what are the incentives for a good rank vs a bad rank ?
    You don't loose or gain anything depending on your AP rank, except perhaps the respect of your fellow AO members. The main excepetion to this is that if you fall too far into the red AP area, you will probably be banned from AO.

So what one person might see as lame another might see as good.
    Well of course opinions are going to differ, but generally members seem to agree on what is lame (asking questions like "How do I hack hotmail" will get you flamed by most people).

So like I said who are the so -called gods that make these decisions about who is naughty or nice ?
    There are no so-called gods that make the decisions, every member with 50+ antipoints can assign APs to other users. The whole idea of the system is that the members decide what is good and bad, so people who post meaninglessly will be ignored.

Alot of the people here at antionline really need to learn how to SPELL before they decide to criticize
    others on there posts.
    Don't be so hypocritical, English is not a first language for everyone at AO, and judging by your post you are hardly uploading the standards of grammer, punctuation and spelling.

Critize - critise (that is the correct English)
    Alot - a lot (it's two separate words!)
    whos - whose
    there - their (in the context you are using)
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I never had a problem cause I never assign points

That antipoints rating is highly mmm over rated
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Originally posted here by Scorp666
    I never had a problem cause I never assign points

That antipoints rating is highly mmm over rated
    At your present level of antipoints, you can't assign them anyway.

The AP system is somewhat overrated, but if you just forget about it and don't complain you'll see your AP total go up usually (assuming you don't post stupid questions).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I don't claim to know the in's & outs of the system, but from what I see it works. If someone has quite a few greens, it just means that a lot of people agree/enjoy/value what that person says. Red points meant that the person has made a few posts that some people find abusive/misleading/offensive. I don't think it comments on the person, but rather what they have posted throughout AO.

I have never had the problem, it has only been a profit for me so far...
    Before this feature I'd really like to see that antipoint symbol (or plus or minus.. I'll see if I find that thread to bump up) after the thread name so you can get an idea whether or not you should open it. Like with this thread, this is already the 10000th AP-related thread and I was almost sure that the ap status for the first message was negative...

Edit/Add: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=226875 is the thread I was talking about.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25