Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Elven Names for Everyone!

I hope you're enjoying this...

Aoibheann -- 'fair form'; Quenya maar 'good', venie 'shape', so the name would possibly be Márvenie

Namaarie,
    --Eruntalon
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Airlia?
    (Greek)
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

Sorry... unable to find any Quenya words for this one either. Where are you getting these names?

Namaarie,
    --Eruntalon
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

I won't give my name as it is confidential info

I could use the translation for Scorpion though...
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Google seaches with strings like "celtic names meanings", one site with names in about 93 languages is:
    http://www.mikesart.net/giantglossarycom/ref/names/
    Another:
    http://www.behindthename.com/
    Irish:
    http://www.hylit.com/info/index.html

Airlia is from the first site

Scorp:

unable to find an equivolent to scorpion... sorry. I don't think they had scorpions in Middle Earth in the Third Age.

Kezil:

Airlia -- Greek 'ethereal'; closest Quenya I could find was il- 'not' and lunga 'heavy'. Therefore, the name might be something like Ilunga.

Namaarie,
    --Eruntalon

A world without Scorpions isn't a world! Darn middlearth sucks!
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Scorpion:
    1. Any of various arachnids of the order Scorpionida, of warm dry regions, having a segmented body and an erectile tail tipped with a venomous sting.
    2. Scorpion See Scorpius.

Scorpius:
    A constellation in the Southern Hemisphere near Libra and Sagittarius, containing the bright red star Antares. Also called Scorpio, Scorpion.
    (thank you dictionary.com)

Pick the most relevant pieces, such as "(eight legged) venomous tail" or "(bright) red star"

As for the next one I'll challenge you with, Edana.

I don't have time right now... I'll get to it either later tonite or tomorrow morning.

Til then!

Namaarie,
    --Eruntalon

Couple words for translation please...

George (My name)
    elite
    magician
    cloaked

Thanks!
    \"Not all humans are reasonably good.\" -John Locke