Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WARNING! message

WARNING! message

I have Windows ME and every once in a while, I get a blue screen pop up telling me WARNING! Windows has either become busy or unstable. I have heard alot on here about "Blue Screen of Death". Is this what this means? I have scanned for viruses, used WinDoctor on Norton Utilities and it never finds ne thing. Could this be because I haven't done a disk defragment in a while?

also I have alot of free disk space.

Banned
    you might have "too many" programs running on your system at the same time. that is the only reason i get one of those.

try this, formating and installed windows 98se or any other OS but ME 95 and 98
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I agree with Netsyn, ME is one of the most unstable OS's I think has ever been put together. (Although I hear XP is getting pretty close) So.. do what NetSyn suggested and your problems will be gone.

Some other things I can suggest is running scandisk, defragging, and.. bah.. just get 98se and be done with it.

I do not have enough $ to buy a new operating system. Windows 98 Special Edition costs around $400. Could this be because I have not defragmented in a while?

Originally posted here by NetSyn

try this, formating and installed windows 98se or any other OS but ME 95 and 98

Yes, we all agree that ME isn't a very stable OS. But if that's all you've got (and can't afford anything else, even though Linux is FREE) then you have to look after it. As you yourself already suggested, defrag the harddrive for a start. Empty all of your temp and history files to free up a bit of space. Also, when I was running ME I found that by disabling System Restore performance improved greatly and the OS became alot more stable.

You could also visit a few ME tweak sites to get a few extra stability improving tips..Good luck!

(ssssssssssst you can copy win98 for free don't tell anyone else) andwin xp is very stabel it's better than win nt4/2k
    hip hop rules

Well you can try defrag but ME is unstable.. don't you have friends that have Win 98 SE?.. or just look around the web you can find it too
    \"Knowledge is Power\"

Question PC 911....Ryan???

Ryan..is that you??? I remember you!!