Thread: got IP spoofed

got IP spoofed

hi, IP add 169.254.228.125, 137, 138
    this person in Marina Del Rey, Calfornia, USA
    keep IP spoofin me!
    what can i do?
    My kei-goh is Silver Wolf!

Get Tauscan (http://www.tauscan.com) and look for a Trojan

Notify your ISP and their ISP. It'll stop pretty quickly if you get the right person involved.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

1: Doesn't that person have the right to spoof his/her ip from prodding eyes ?.
    2: Why do you want to see this persons real ip? has this person done anything wrong to you ?.

If this person hasn't done anything to you or isn't trying to do anything to you I dont see your gripe.
    unless I'm reading your post wrong ?Are you saying that this person is hiding thier real ip from you?
    If that's what you'r saying then like I said,unless this person is trying to do somethging to you ,you have no gripe.He/she has the right to spoof thier ip from others especially while on IRC with all the *******s always trying to ban or nuke you off ip sppofing is a nessesity.

Like I said,why do you want to know this persons true ip number ?.

Crimina1

Originally posted here by Crimina1
    1: Doesn't that person have the right to spoof his/her ip from prodding eyes ?.
    2: Why do you want to see this persons real ip? has this person done anything wrong to you ?.

If this person hasn't done anything to you or isn't trying to do anything to you I dont see your gripe.
    unless I'm reading your post wrong ?Are you saying that this person is hiding thier real ip from you?
    If that's what you'r saying then like I said,unless this person is trying to do somethging to you ,you have no gripe.He/she has the right to spoof thier ip from others especially while on IRC with all the *******s always trying to ban or nuke you off ip sppofing is a nessesity.

Like I said,why do you want to know this persons true ip number ?.

Crimina1
    I think what he means is that sombody ELSE is spoofing HIM

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    Notify your ISP and their ISP. It'll stop pretty quickly if you get the right person involved.
    This NEVER works and just for the sake of argument,if it did it wouldn't solve anything.
    These days all that a person needs is a #cc ( if even that ) and with a few keystrokes you have a new ISP
    that's willing to take your money. Where there's a will ,there's a way.

The only thing that's %100 is death,there's a way around everything else you just have to find them.

Crimina1

Originally posted here by Ratman2

I think what he means is that sombody ELSE is spoofing HIM
    Oh if that's the case then I can see his gripe.

By the way,congrats on your degree i hope you use it well.
    I will be getting my BS in comp science next year god willing.

criminal

I'm not sure what he means...

But even if it was the other way around, I don't see why anyone should be allowed to spoof as someone else, even if it were more-possible-than-it-currently is (in terms of ease of doing so, effectiveness, etc.) Rationalizing the impersonation of someone for 'privacy' is really a flawed arguement, IMO.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Originally posted here by Crimina1

This NEVER works and just for the sake of argument,if it did it wouldn't solve anything.
    These days all that a person needs is a #cc ( if even that ) and with a few keystrokes you have a new ISP
    that's willing to take your money. Where there's a will ,there's a way.

The only thing that's %100 is death,there's a way around everything else you just have to find them.

Crimina1
    It works for me. Try not to be so definite next time, Criminal. Sometimes they do get tired of trying to find a new ISP. The squeaky wheel does in fact get the grease, especially about billing.
    America - Land of the free, home of the brave.

Originally posted here by Ganjica

It works for me. Try not to be so definite next time, Criminal. Sometimes they do get tired of trying to find a new ISP. The squeaky wheel does in fact get the grease, especially about billing.
    I guess it all boils down to who you know and how determined the person is about getting justice.
    Personaly I suscribe to "an eye for an eye" it gives me the most bang for my "buck".

Crimina1