Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Networks

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    My father is a police officer, so I will sit down at his computer next time he decides to grace me with his presence. I'll see what exactly the semantics are.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Banned
    Well to let you know, the police services in Ontario mostly run on one large intranet (like datapac) where they hold all the information (like background checks, charges, ....) All computer services are connected by a terminal in each station, which a police officer has a station number, personal access number, and password....

The OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) have their own network which also intergrates the datapac like network. An officer from, say Northbay Ontario OPP detachment can acces her files and e-mails on another computer, in another OPP detachment somewhere else, like, say Cochrane Ontario.

Hope that answers something for ya....

(btw... it's all microsoft... sheeesh!)

If you guys are wondering about hardware:

Most cruiser/prowl/scout cars have a custom installed CPU with a hardned Water/Shock proof mointor. Now some of the Public Safety Departments (Police/Fire/EMA/Others) use hardend laptops like the Panasonic ToughBook or the Itronix GoBook. FedEX/UPS/Delivery Services also use it, as do the military. Its tough, it can be spilled on, and it can be droped, but it cannot be run over by a truck, and submersion will most likely kill it. These are not the super laptop that the Miltary Spec. Ops. folks use, but more the field support staff....

If you need more info on either the ToughBook of the GoBook, they have websites (I don't have the address on hand, but you can find it via google) that have there specs.
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

Thanks everyone this really helps!

Bogo -

Although this is public info so far, I am still interesting in why your interested. I think its only fair that you tell us a broad outline of what prompted this question....
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

Stop throwing gasoline on the fire. What more information do you need other than the fact that I was simply curious. I believe the original post has a "broad outline" of what prompted this question. Let me ask you a question in return....why are you so paranoid?

They had to something about this on cybercrime. How the store information about you and stuff, and don't use it how the should.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

I am paranoid Bogo, beause people depend upon those systems for there jobs, and if you **** with it it could cost someone there LIFE!!!!!!! That is why I am so paranoid.....
    - Jimmy Mac