Thread: All AO newbies

All AO newbies

A word of advice to all AO newbies DONT START A POST if you start a post that has anything related to network or system penetration you will be flamed and given a million bad antipoints. I did that ounce i asked a question "How do you force involke a remote command shell?" i wanted to know for a dumb report i was doing for school. i had to create a new account and give my self good antipoints. All the AO addicts and Senior members that are programmers or Internet security pros tread on the younger ppl because they are a bunch of losers that have no life other than to post on Antionline. So a word to newbies Dont start posts and dont post anything that you dont know anything about. Because you will get flamed.

Or read though this and follow the advise Ennis gives in it.

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Humm, very interesting post. First off, I'll admit that I am a senior member with no live other then posting on antionline. Isn't that obvious with the number of posts I have being that I registered around the same time as NetwrkBurn.

Anyway, why don't you think about your post before you post it?

DONT START A POST if you start a post that has anything related to network or system penetration you will be flamed and given a million bad antipoints
    Depends on how you put the question. If you say, how can I penetrate the servers of america online, you are going to get flamed (although being AOL, you may get help also).

"How do you force involke a remote command shell?" i wanted to know for a dumb report i was doing for school.
    Like I said, how is the wording of your question? And what class are you asking this for? Take the time to think out your posts before you make them.

i had to create a new account and give my self good antipoints.
    So now you are announcing to everyone that you are in violation of the user agreement for this site? Does that make any sence at all? Thats like sending an email message to microsoft telling them you are pirating their software. You violate the user agreement, and admit to "cheating" on the antipoints. Obviously these are both unethical. So now should we really believe that you asked the question for a school report?

dont post anything that you dont know anything about
    Well thats kind of obvious isn't it? If you are saying don't ask questions, then you are wrong. But this looks like you are telling people not to answer questions they don't know the answer to. We try to be helpful most of the time, but we are not going to intentionally help people break the law.

So to All the AO newbies, let NetwrkBurn be the perfect example of what NOT to do on this site.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Hmmm, I really can't agree with you NetwrkBurn...I think the chance of being a Newbie here is a good experience. You get to decide who knows what they are talking about, and who doesn't, and if you phrase your questions correctly, and don't just post a question and then never respond when someone tries to help you with it...You'll do just fine.
    I don't think I've ever been flamed, and to tell you quite honestly, there probably isn't a single person on this site who knows LESS than I do about computers....But that's the point, it is a place to ask questions and learn.
    A lot of newbies come in here like they own the place. And truth be told, it is a community just like any other, and there are people here who are friends, and if you come in mouthing off...you're going to get burned.
    You need to come in and feel your way around for a bit, and then ask sensible, well-phrased questions, using proper english and correct spelling and punctuation, so it is easy to understand the queston, and answer it.

It's not that hard really, a combination of etiquette, common sense, and good old fashioned courtesy.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Souleman is right, acknowledging that you have abused the system is just asking to be flamed. This is an example to newbies of what *not* to post on AO, and if I didn't have something better to do I wouldn't even be wasting my time on this thread.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Hey ive never Posted before but ive been on a few other internet security sites where the eliteist always flame the people that want to learn. I dont think it's fare that people get flamed for asking a question. Im going to follow NetwrkBurns advice and not start a post. Cause i figure that the people at Antionline are just like people anywere else mean and heartless. Most of us if we met the people in real life we wouldnt flame them or anything but instead we would correct them and move on. The internet gives the people the oppertunity to yell and scream at those who arnt as skilled or knowlageable as them. It gives a medium between ppl that provides the oppurtuintiy to take out anger and show all that IM A BAD ASS but in realiy there just a little 13 year irish boy that hasnt seen the sun in a week and the closest he's ever been to a girl is the nurse that held him at the hospitle.

Everybody was a newbie here at one time, obvioulsy. If it's true what you say NEtwrkburn then none of us would be senior memebers, right?

I certainly didn't come here to take out aggressions on anyone, but it seems like you've come to cry. It's too bad, there's some really intelligent people here that you could learn allot from; more than just security, like manners, etiquette, and patience.

Everybody gets flamed, it's the nature of the game. If it doesn't suit you, then don't play. Sit on the sidelines and watch.

I'm trying to be very constructive, but even I have my limits, you understand?

Now would someone please close this thread? *pokes at Neg*
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

TechieChick
    Wow...after reading all the good advice on how to post your questions with intelligence you still opt to take Netwrkburn's advice?

Almost makes me think you are him...

Snake_Byte,
    I am very sorry to hear that...
    why not post?

Some of you guys need to sit back and relax a bit, geez! If you are afraid to post something on forum because someone may fun of you or you might get flamed, how do you expect to get anywhere beyond newbie ? Kinda like KorpDeath said,
    Everybody gets flamed, it's the nature of the game. If it doesn't suit you, then don't play. Sit on the sidelines and watch.
    -rasem

Banned

Ok Screw all of you *******s all im trying to do is learn my future feild and you dickheads are just trampling all over me just for the fun of it, ****ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Netwrkburn, go Netwrkburn! Yeah, you tell 'em! *******s! ****ers! Dickheads! Go Netwrkburn, go Netwrkburn!

Oh yeah: Thread closed.