Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One Just Isn't Enough...

Banned

Post One Just Isn't Enough...

For a lot of people, one computer is just not enough. Many people have some to use for WebServers, Practicing On, and everything in anything. I have 3 computers for One to use, The other for a WebServer/FTP Server/Mail Server and a third to practice skills and use to hark around on. How many does everyone have and what are their purposes?

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I have four machines. 2 linux servers and 2 windows PCs, one for my gaming, and the other for anyone who comes over to play on the phat pipe I pay for (250 bucks a month for the second highest level that Tampa Bay can offer a business).
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Banned
    Athlon XP 1800+ running WinXP to watch your whiney posts.

Athlon 800 running Suse to experiment.

AS/400 with a total of 600Gig of HDD to look l33t in my living room (too bad the thing doesn't even boot)...

Thumbs up

I have 13 computer... Some are for testing programs. Some are used as servers. One computer is used for games, and the last computer is used for work... Only 2 of my computers are running windows, and they are my game, and work computer.

TwIsT3D

Well I have 2 that I own. This one that i use for general stuff, surfing the net, learning linux and uni work. The second is one i Picked up second hand that is nakered, i use it to learn on, at the mement its up and working and for a short time i had it networded to this one. However I stoped using it like that, now i buy second hand hardwere and stick it in and try to make it work, also I try to kill that one, I do my best to f**k it up then try to sort it. That for the computers I own, other computers i have access to are my parents as they live in the same city, i go round and help them out and try to teach them a little bit. Finally there is my g/f she lets me play around with her computer as long as i dont break it, she mainly uses it for games so that what i do on it.

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

Banned
    Intresting...... No one runs webserver's or anything? Btw if anyone needs WebHosting, pm me. Any more people wanna tell how many they got and what they use them for?

Have 8
    5 are pent 3 9oo mhz form my home network used for games and classes
    I teach disadvantaged kids free of charge
    2 laptops pent2 300 mhz
    1 pent 4 1400 mhz for my wife who does translations and grafics for the army r and d department

mike
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....

Athlon 1.2 uber system to much to go into, suffice it to say I've got an Adaptec 29160 and a few 36 Gig drives. (for games and B.S.)

Ultra 5 (cause I wanted it. and it's my firewall )

P2 450 - for infecting and trashing, and I have seperate HDD for my boys to play on. (cause it's Intel.)

Mac 8100/100 for the 2 year old. (cause it's a Mac) hehehe.

Dell laptop Cpx w/ 512MB 60 gig hdd

Dell poweredge 1300. cause the price was right, I'm setting up a webserver for when I get my t-1, not going to happen soon, however. I'll probably run the webserver/database/whatever the hell I feel like on this one.

Let me look around I have some old, old systems too that work and are basically just heaters when they are on. Just some things to break and put back together....
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned
    Intresting bunch of Computers Korp.. I like the 2 year olds... Better than mine atleast

Originally posted here by TwIsT3D
    I have 13 computer... Some are for testing programs. Some are used as servers. One computer is used for games, and the last computer is used for work... Only 2 of my computers are running windows, and they are my game, and work computer.

TwIsT3D
    I guess I will quote myself. I have some servers....

TwIsT3D