Thread: Lynx

Lynx

Just testing my Lynx text browser.Has anyone ever really tried
    to browse the internet without a graphical browser.
    Man, it's hard to navigate.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

rcgreen you should also give Links a try .

I do often use text only browsers when surfing from my *nix box ofcourse depending on were I want to go, for example when going to www.linux.org or www.kernel.org. Links is capable of showing frames (converts them to tables, if I remember correct).

Lynx isn't so bad, only thins is you need pages that are compatible, flat ASCI dumps are good, a security page that is Lynx compatible is www.dsinet.org

Thanks, RC, you inspired me to install Lynx and check it out. Actually, it's not too bad. It does take some getting used to, though.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

ya never really realize how many links are on a page, until you can't use your mouse.

Anybody tried arachne? its not text based, its a dos based browser so it different and kida fun.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    well u can use ur mouse on lynx thru a shell like if i connect to my friends pc and browse with lynx i can use my mouse to select a link
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

-----------------------
    well u can use ur mouse on lynx thru a shell like if i connect to my friends pc and browse with lynx i can use my mouse to select a link

-----------------------
    well that simplefies matters ;-)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

w3m is another good text based browser and it supports frames better.
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. - Theodore Roosevelt