Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micr0$hit Sucks!

Um... MS sucks bad in ways, but they do have the best browsers around when it comes to speed. But again, since they don't know anything about security, then... that makes their systems the most widely used, yet the most insecure (or maybe with some useless firewall craps) for homes. Business are now using Linux since it cost less to maintain and startup with. As U all know, Microsoft's Hotmail service once even admited that their products are NOT as stable as OpenSource (most) can be.

HOTMAIL ONCED USED FREEBSD INSTEAD OF THEIR STABLE STABLE STABLE (REALLY NOT) WINDOWS NT 4.0. Now? Finally they got their act 2gether when someone found out that Hotmail uses FREEBSD, and guess what? They got Windows 2000, which is based on their source code from early 90s for servers, which would be NT!

NOTHING NEW EVER COMES FROM MICROSOFT! UNLIKE THE EVER CHANGING OPENSOURCE!

You know micrsoft does suck, there bussiness tactics are crazy and insane. Which is why most people don't like them. But Windows NT versions in my opinon will kick any Linux versions ass and then do it again just for fun. For all the people who want opensource, remember $$ that's probably what you would make if you were making windows apps. Windows and Microsoft will always be around. They've got everything, and Linux really doesn't have anything. Windows ROCKS AND LINUX SUCKS!!!

hmm ANY os is cool as long as you know how to maintain it.. and as far as anyone knows.. Windows 2000 Advanced Server 0wNz!! u can set up a network of 5 different servers with 5 different O/S (*nix and windows) and one of them is Win2K Adv Server.. and leave them on default.. and let people attack it.. you would see that Win2K Adv Server would remain standing.. and others would be compromised.. trust me.. i did this test myself. coz i wanted to know which O/S would serve well.. and if u wont agree with me.. search in TheRegister.co.uk an article that says Win2K is the most secure and stable O/S ever.. and i already knew about the O/S's reliability long before i read that article. and yes Win2K Adv Server can also be used for desktop purposes.

look, the only reason why we use microsoft is becuase they own our ass, and i know we hate to admit it, but they do *sigh*

-- convert to linux!

lol, any software would do for me as long as it does the job. but as for now, i worship Win2K Adv Server, not microsoft.. just the Win2K Adv Server..

and i did stop using IE since i downloaded Opera.. tho i occasionally use IE coz there are some websites that wont work properly with Opera.. like firewall.cx ( my major source for networking information) and national.com.au (where i do my internet banking).. like i said.. any software would do as long as it does it job. and im on win98 and so far no one has EVER cained me.. why? coz i do a good job in maintaining my box. i always make sure that its always updated and patched.

and i am Anti-MS Outlook.. i just dont like the idea of having my e-mail dynamically linked to my system.. same reason why i dont like AOL..

tho i do agree microsoft do suck.. for one i loath ME and NT.. eeeuughhh.. NT is like my room... damn unorganized.. ME is just a huge HOGGGG.. and XP is making me uneasy...

Originally posted here by lawrence171
    Um... MS sucks bad in ways, but they do have the best browsers around when it comes to speed. But again, since they don't know anything about security, then... that makes their systems the most widely used, yet the most insecure (or maybe with some useless firewall craps) for homes. Business are now using Linux since it cost less to maintain and startup with. As U all know, Microsoft's Hotmail service once even admited that their products are NOT as stable as OpenSource (most) can be.
    Ummm... not sure where you've been, but IE actually has one of the slowest rendering engines around... it's called Winblowz. If you want a fast browser, try lynx. It does some things well, in certain situations, but it primarily just sucks hard...

HOTMAIL ONCED USED FREEBSD INSTEAD OF THEIR STABLE STABLE STABLE (REALLY NOT) WINDOWS NT 4.0. Now? Finally they got their act 2gether when someone found out that Hotmail uses FREEBSD, and guess what? They got Windows 2000, which is based on their source code from early 90s for servers, which would be NT!

NOTHING NEW EVER COMES FROM MICROSOFT! UNLIKE THE EVER CHANGING OPENSOURCE!
    Well... guess what... at that time, coincidentally, there was this company in Silicon Valley called "Hotmail." And, Gates' croonies somehow got wind of how many people were flocking to them and (*gasp*) "acquired" them. Since then, the folks at Snotmail have had a severe "clue" problem and, well...
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    w00t awesome post s0nic.....i agree with u adv server is great proabably the best out there but the bad thing is i cant play games on ...so i am on win xp and linux corel dual boot system....."Microsoft sucks," Sun said <======== that is the best qoute ever in my opinion by an executive.....win xp is ok it has a built in firewall that works on incoming packets(viruses) and as for trojan which xp sucks at i have my "tiny" firewall...works for me and so far the internal built in firewall has found the K worm a couple times and deleted it...so i am happy
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    oh and the truth of the matter is EVERY o/s will have holes and microsoft is no exception and open source does make it easier to find holes....no matter how hard we try to make the unpenetrable o/s there will be soem genious twisted phyco that will find a bug so w/e i live with wot there is and try to make mine box as secure as i can
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Originally posted here by freeOn
    You know micrsoft does suck, there bussiness tactics are crazy and insane. Which is why most people don't like them. But Windows NT versions in my opinon will kick any Linux versions ass and then do it again just for fun. For all the people who want opensource, remember $$ that's probably what you would make if you were making windows apps. Windows and Microsoft will always be around. They've got everything, and Linux really doesn't have anything. Windows ROCKS AND LINUX SUCKS!!!
    Sorry dude, but you just made me laugh and laugh and laugh...MS will never compete against *NIX in the areas of stability, security, and ability to fix/modify at will.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Hey, Vorlin.........I made a thread about how many people would ditch windows if they realized they could play all those games on Linux/MacOS.........something like WINE, etc