Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial:Hacking AIM only for newbs!

Smile Tutorial:Hacking AIM only for newbs!

Hacking with AIM

Author: freeOn
    www.bonfire.tk

This tutorial will explain how to get an IP address from someone using
    Aol Instant messager Service(not AOL's IM). Your actions are your own
    responsiblity not mine. I'm just showing you how. This will involve using
    windows 98 and on NT. Let get started.

First you need to download AIM,www.download.com is a good start. Beware that
    lots of other chat programs can do the same as what is in this tutorial. I'm
    just using AIM as an example. A brief overview is were going to direct connect
    to another AIM user my sending a file.

Ok first thing to do before you do anything is go to

Win 98
    Start -->Run-->Command

Win NT versions
    Start -->Run-->cmd

Your going to be going to ms-dos or C:\prompt. Once your in the dos. Type in
    netstat at the prompt like this:

C:\netstat

You should recieve somthing like:

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
    TCP rupert:3011 209.61.191.170:http CLOSE_WAIT
    TCP rupert:3071 205.188.8.182:5190 ESTABLISHED
    TCP rupert:3076 64.12.27.170:5190 ESTABLISHED

This shows all are active connections to or computer. My computer is named Rupert.
    Just to clear things up. So now we know what were doing with netstat. So lets get
    with the fun stuff. Start up your AIM and log in. Start talking to one of your buddys on
    your list. Tell them somthing on how you got a pic, or a nice tutorial hehe. Then
    once they say yes ask them if you want to direct connect. They will say yeah of course.

To send a file in AIM
    File -->Send File.

A notification will pop up to let you know the status of the file transfer.
    As soon as the file transfer starts go back your ms-dos window and
    type in Netstat.

C:\netstat

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
    TCP rupert:3011 209.61.191.170:http CLOSE_WAIT
    TCP rupert:3071 205.188.8.182:5190 ESTABLISHED
    TCP rupert:3076 64.12.27.170:5190 ESTABLISHED
    TCP rupert:3069 63.243.53.85.atlantic.net:4443 ESTABLISHED

Wow ok we got another connection going on here.

63.243.53.85.atlantic.net ? Is that are buddy's IP I think so!

Now you have your buddy's IP. It's up to you on what you want to with it.

So there we go by using the netstat tool we were able to list are active
    connections. And when we file transfering to or buddy the netstat command
    gave us the result of his IP. Pretty basic stuff. Special Thanks to Debwalin.
    I decided to make this for newbies. It's somthing in my opinon everyone should
    be aware of.

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    yea all the ip will give ya is probably personal info on them nothing more......likewith ip i could narrow some1's place of liveing and maybe even phone number with enough research but nothing more....like getting remote access is kinda hard wiht only their ip u would need an exploit for their OS
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

um this is very well known and works for many things other then chat programs.... but i honestly dont see any real point to this tutortial.. just my input

another thing u can do with newer versions of AIM is tell the user theres a easter egg (hidden feature) in AIM that if u right click where ur typeing and hit the letter I two times and hit enter really fast that ull get a cool AIM mini game that can be played online with friends that also do it.

it will send u their IP address in the message
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

you can't do much without and address so it is a significant start.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Well my main purpose was to put it for newbies, and those people that ask "How do I hack into my girlfriends computer" This way that have somthing to read instead of being annoying. So just to clear that up.

Netsyn I don't believe you are a newbie right? lol, j/k. But thanks for adding that on.

Also if anyone has any tutorials they would like to submit to my site I would be glad to put them up. There is already a good list going on. www.bonfire.tk

is it a no holds barred type of site (within legal limits of course)?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Or if there person is a moron, just ask for the ip.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

Originally posted here by huntx7
    Or if there person is a moron, just ask for the ip.
    If the person is a moron, they're probably not going to know what an IP is or how to find it. Ask the average AOL person what their IP is... I'd be interested in what kind of responses you got back (and, AOL being the world's largest service provider, well... *smirk*)

Besides... there are much easier ways to get a person's IP than having to do a file transfer with them in some IM program. Most people with a clue aren't going to allow direct connections like that in the first place... that's not to say that they can't be tricked out of revealing their IP (either purposely or through another means).
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

the way i see it is this is a security site so why the hell are you sitting here writeing a tutorial to teach newbies how to get other peoples IP addresses, why not write a tutorial about how to keep your IP as annon as possible..

do sumthing good with your time with this site, not waste space to make newbies think your cool

thats just my $0.02
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Banned
    Ummm.. NetSyn, I don't think that freeOn is going to get that message, he got banned. But I agree with you, more and more tutorials are popping up that teach people how to get access to other people's computers when they should be about how to make those computers secure from kiddies and lamers.