Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How do you make programs???

Me posting 4 times Sucks!!

Hi im an auto mechanics wiz. i need to make the gas explode in my engine. what do i need to get to make this happen and where do i go to get it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

You need to learn programming languages and get compliers. And a brain along the way...

Banned
    Food for thought....

Why do we drive in parkways and park in driveways?

Why do we take an honest good thread and **** it up with stupid bullshit (you know who you are), and take a stupid thread and give it an honest answer?

to all whom set out to ruin this thread **** you, **** you in your little bean hole, then **** you again just for principal.

best regards,
    Captain Quad

Since when did AO become the 'elite' and flame people for asking legitmate questions? I think there where only a few real replies in a 2 1/2 pages!?

Whacker14; so you want to learn how to program. Well I hope you have a bookstore near you, unless you like reading programming documentation with your monitor. Go to a bookstore, preferrably one with a large technical section. And start browsing through the programming books.

Someone else here at AO, has suggested to take a few books from a language that grabs your interest, read or skim through 'em, and if it makes sense to ya, go for that language. If not, do the same thing with a different language.

I fully agree with that. Many books and programming languages are NOT created equal. Now that is just to start programming. If you have a specific program that you know you want to build; well then pick the language that gets the job done, preferrably in the most efficient way

Oh, and why don't you do a search with this question with this little known search engine called Google.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Originally posted here by er0k
    does anyone know pearl? If so, id like to talk to you.
    I know her. She's realy a great woman. I won't tell you anything about her. She is mine, all mine, I tell ya................

Seriously though. Forget Perl, look into some C, C++ or VB.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Perl is a great language. If you can figure it out. Pick up a book. It is easy to learn.

I know some PERL and would be happy to help in any way I can. I'm not all that skilled, so my help will be limited, but I'll give you all I can.
    The more I deal with people, the more I LOVE my computer.

Yikes, I lost Internet for two weeks and I see this... lol

That's a tall order, newhacker14 to build an OS that is stable, secure and fast. As the other replies stated, it takes a lot of time, know-how, patience, coffee, money, guru friends and plenty of reference material to even start scratching the surface.

However, why start to make an OS when there are other excellent operating systems in active development that is starting to take presidence in a proprietary world? I am sure you can really benefit from obtaining some open-source operating system (such as FreeBSD, Debian,Red Hat, etc) getting the source code, using and learning the languages included in most distros (There are many, many languages and you can learn for five lifetimes and never get it all) and maybe even help out the community while you are at it. Look at the distro documentation and HOW-TO's to see what is available.

As for the validity and worth of this thread, it is not so bad... we were all newbies at one time too...

Before an OS I'd suggest "Hello World". When you figure out what Hello World is then you'll already be on your way. Start with Google.
    A squirrel with no nuts will soon starve.