I bought a new computer, which is usually a good thing, but unfortunately it had windows xp on it. I had never used xp, but I had heard that it wasnt nearly as bad as winMe. I decided to try it. After the basic configuration, I was greeted with a stupid annoying dog who dumbed every sentence down and made it seem like the people who buy this type of pc are mentally retarded(only half true). After spending 10 minutes looking for a way to turn the annoying little bastard off, I decided to do what I call "Spring Cleaning", which is where I go to the control panel and delete all the programs that I will never use. I look under add/remove programs, and to my surprise, Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer arent listed. Give me a break. If i dont want to use their bloated half ass proprietary crap, i shouldnt have to. its wasting space on my hard drive. Next I had to get rid of all the desktop icons. Being a linux user, Im not a fan of desktop icons and wanted to delete all but the My Computer and trash, but NO. Instead of me being in charge of whats on my system, microsoft is in charge. So at this point I decide to give xp one more chance. I restart the pc, and guess what greets me. the damn mother ****ing talking dog. I turned my 1.8ghz P4 loaded with Windows XP home off more than 2 weeks ago and am currently looking for a "Man's" OS, Im thinking either FreeBSD, or Slackware. Some of us just arent meant to use MS products.