Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why I dont use XP

The Iceman Cometh
    I have run (and am still running, in a few cases) nearly every Windows operating system. 95/98/98 SE/ME all crashed on me constantly. Since learning how to set up an NT box, I have had maybe 2 or 3 crashes a year on my NT machines, with even less on my 2000 workstations and servers and XP Pro workstations. I format my primary XP box maybe every 5 or 6 months, and have no crashes during that time. The only reason I put off upgrading programs until then and do them all as a clean install rather than a update. I use Linux all the time as well, and have had very few crashes there as well, but it all has to do with how knowledgable you are with your operating system and the programs you install upon that operating system. Preacher, I understand that you had a bad experience, but after a clean install, and some exploration, I think you'll see XP isn't all that bad of an operating system. I agree that it definately has it's flaws, but so does every other O/S. 2000 has many flaws as well, but many things have been patched with the service packs, but I heard just as many people bitch about 2000 when it first came out. Give XP a chance a let it mature a bit. I think you'll find that it has many features that are extremely useful (especially when added to a network running .NET server)

AJ

if u guys think XP sucks you have never tried windos ME

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    XP/ME the only difference is the shape of the letters. They are both crappy programs. I still use 98 at work, and 2K on my laptop. That is when I am forced to run a windows program....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

when i used windows 98 i could crash it easly just by running a few 2 many programs. Now i use win2k and mandrake, win2k hardley ever crashes and most of the time it has crashed is because of a virus wichi is why i prefer linux because there are no stupid virus and trojens that you can get easily on win. Also linux has only crashed once in a year which is when i tryed running unreal tournament through wine but even then most things on it still worked fine.
    If its not broken it can still be inproved.

I bought a computer not long ago.... I didnt bring windows xp but it brought windows me , a few days later i bought windows xp just to try it... the problems that it gave me was horrible, it didnt run my games.... and other programs that i had in my computer!!!!!!!! windows xp sux's big time!!!! I tried to do some other stuff in windows xp but it was 2 complecated to use ... the only thing that i saw the difference of xp was the colors that it had...

to install windows xp was toooooooo damn long!!!!!!! i hate that wasting my time to install a F*&@# program it took me like an hour, i dont think xp is going nowhere and alot of people are not buying it neather
    [glowpurple]LilDraganon the power of the @[/glowpurple]
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

I never had any problems to run any game on Windows XP.
    But it seems to me that some of you got many problems with it.

Try the Application Compatibility Toolkit .
    I hope it will help you to solve the problems.
    monoton

I will agree that xp sux, but for preinstalled systems it should not have any problems. THe only problems were on putting it on "older" systems, that's why microsoft says don't upgrade, buy a new computer with it on their.

You cannot blame microsoft for not putting wmp and ie in the add/remove list. Imagine what internet dumbos would do with that, then pay $40 for some computer shop to put it back on. You need to learn how to use google to remove it.

ok?

i found that xp dogs machines...its too cpu intensive or something. win2000 runs a lot faster. but i use FREEBSD so i dont have any of these problems. I LOVE IT!!!

Hey on XP can you run a server? I mean are there any servers that you can install with the XP professional package, like 2000 and NT have IIS? I was just wondering, and does the newest apache binary work on XP? I think it is 2.0.3.

Xp comes with IIS 5. Yes i do believe that the new apache will work as well
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!