Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you find this site?

Since I work with security for living did I want to find a "underground" hacking site, I hoped that I could read work from actual kiddies and then be able to take precausions before they actually could make any damage to our company .

I did a search on google with the keyword "hacking" and I found AntiOnline.. And what can be better then a "Anti-Hacking" site? To make a long story short, I did not continue my search for a hacking/kiddie site .

I actually came by a really different route; I used to read these piss-take hacker e-zines at HaX0r Br0z and they always used to really rip into JP and Carolyn Meinal. Personally I quite respected Carolyn [feminist sweepstakes and all that...] so I suspected that their haranguing of JP and antionline would be equally idiotic, and had to check out for myself! I was expecting some elitest [not in the l33t sense!], possibly fascist group, but instead found a really accessible, friendly and incredibly useful site. Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read...er...quite. Thanks people for not living up to my expectations! This site is brilliant!

XXX

I quite agree. I was reading Meinal's site as much as possible to try and learn something new when I was turned onto this site by a fellow patriot. I will say that i try to read this site at least once a day. I also try to limit my reply's because its much better to keep quite and let everyone think your an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt. 8)
    [glowpurple]www.networksynapse.net[/glowpurple]

I was looking for a domain that look againts with all 'bout internet like..antichat..fightmirc...kill-ie..kinda...when i check this domain...voila...i think its a good community...viva antionline.com!
    BUrnYouRLunG

Well I found this site about 4-5 years ago. I *THINK* I got the link from Silicon Toad's Infinity Void site, but I could be mistaken.

I've been following this site ever since.

As for the reason I'm here: Well it's always interesting to see what other people in the security business are doing, and what people outside of the business are up to. It's a decent place to track information, and to ask questions when needed.

Although I do have to say that most of the time I just lurk

El Diablo
    my custom anti-sig

I was searching for information on X.509 Certificates to help me before I began doing Technical documentation on a SSO plan offered by SAP when I found this site. That was 2 years ago -been a member ever since.

Cheers,
    -D

Google is a mind reader

*duh
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

have to say a friend in a network class of mine a little while back. used to look over her shoulder and read... dont know if she knew or not... went home and looked... became rather infatuated... you could say.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

(This is how I embarked upon antionline)

The past, the present, The AntiCode. One can not fully be told what AntiCode was, you must experience it first. AntiCode is everything, and everything was AntiCode.

In the beginning, there was AntiCode. AntiCode created the heavens and the earth. AntiCode created AntiOnline to balance the universe. Thus AntiOnline was born, and I followed it.

not really.... But I did visit anticode.com first, then I found my way over to antionline. How I found anticode? It was a post on irc to go check out a defaced website which could be seen on anticode.
    Viper

Back when the site was well known for Security Vulnerability write-ups I would check frequently for updates.