Thread: Ready for the beach?(nowt to do with comps)

Talking Ready for the beach?(nowt to do with comps)

Ok first off this is nowt to do with computers hence why it in general chit chat.

Ok the summer is coming and we (well the vain ones of us) not the winters indulgences and well noticed that our bear belly is now called Frank(insert other name as you see fit) and has friends. So as I know relatively little about computer but human biology and fitness though ill do a quick get in shape guild.

Firstly we have to know what you have to work with this is a good place to start and takes about a week. Firstly start a food diary weight down each meal and snake you eat and portion size. Next get on the scales every day for a week noting your weight, try to do this every morning at the same time. Don’t worry about any fluctuations as that is normal. Also not when you eat. Now after the week is up you have a lot of this data there is also some more you can get. Pick an aerobic activity, use the rough 200-your age to work out maxim heart rate and try to work within 60-80% range go out one time and see how long you can do until you feel you cant do any more. Then stop note the time. During this week you will need to go to the gym and find out a few one set maximums roughly. Find your one set max by doing a rep increasing the weight and trying to do another keep going, take not of the last weight you successful lifted keeping form perfect. Now this is not a great way to do it but as a rough guild its good. I suggests that you find them for squat, dealift, dumbbell curl, bench press, calf raise, military lift and finally kickbacks. You can do this all in one day though I would advise spreading it out and doing in a non cardio day. Ok after your first week you now have a lot of data what to do with it. Firstly take your weight and find the mean that is your general weight though personnel I don’t think weight chart or BMI are not worth the paper they are written on it more to do with body composition, so if possible try to get a body fat test this is a lot better but if not get your average weight then asses yourself honestly not too hard nor to soft, are you carrying a few extra pounds? Are you not do you just need tone and definition whatever you know your body and your goals.

I will stress this is not a quick fix but will hopefully give some results. Firstly look at when your eating if possible try to eat 5-6 smaller meals than 3 larger ones if not try to eat breakfast like a king, lunch like prince and dinner like a popper. Next drink water, feeling thirst is a sigh of dehydrating this has a big metabolic effect try to get your 8 glasses a day. Also try to work out the amout of callores you need in a day and try to eat around this amout but genral slighlty less for example if you need 2000 calories a day try to eat bewtween 1800 to 2200 but tend to keep low walst trying to loose wieght.That simple fitness. Also thing like using the stairs not the life or carrying a book (text book are good)with you for refinance and quick learning as well as the weight you carry every day.

Now over the next 4 week it time to work on your base fitness now as this is fit for the beach not fit in general I would simply suggest a few thing that are for that purpose only. Ok generally most people don’t have the definition because they either have it hidden under a layer of fat or don’t have the mass, so we are going to try to work on both.

Week one(base)
    Day one; cardio 30 minutes plus at 60-70 % cardio max
    Day two; general squats 3 sets of 12, dealift 3 sets of 12, barbell curl 3 sets of 12, kickback 3 sets of 12, military presses 3 sets of 12.Lat pull down 3 sets of 12, calf raises 3 sets of 15.
    Day3; Cardio again 30+ at 70-80% cardio max output

Day4; sit up 3 sets of 15, reverse crunches 3 sets of 15, oblique excise of choice 3 sets of 15, back hyperextension 3 sets of 15
    Day five; cardio 70-80%
    Day 6; rest
    Day 7 rest

Week 2(cardio)
    Day one; cardio 60-80 30 minutes plus
    Day 2; abs(see base)
    Day 3:cardio 70-80% max 30 minutes plus
    Day4;rest
    Day 5; cardio 70-80% max
    Day6;rest
    Day 7; weights(see base)

Week 3(time to feel the burn)

Day one; cardio 45 minutes + 60-80%
    Day 2, arms, 3 sets of 12 barbell curls, 3 sets of 12 hammer curls, 3 sets of inclined dumb bell curls with chest on the bench at 45 degrees arms hanging down straight to start as your curl up. 12 sets of 15 dumb bell military press, 3 sets of 10 later dumb bell raises, 3 sets of 15 kickback, and finally 3 set of 12 French curl
    Day 3; rest
    Day 4 cardio as day one
    Day five abs
    Day six ; squats 3 sets of 12, dealift 3 sets of 12,
    Day seven; cardio

Week 4

Day one; cardio 45 minits + 60-80% and abs
    Day 2, arms, 3 sets of 12 barbell curls, 3 sets of 12 hammer curls, 3 sets of inclined dumbbell curls with chest on the beach at 45 degrees arms hanging down straight to start as your curl up. 12 sets of 15 dumb bell military press, 3 sets of 10 later dumb bell raises, 3 sets of 15 kickback, and finally 3 set of 12 French curl
    Day 3; abs
    Day 4 cardio as day one+ squats 3 sets of 12, dealift 3 sets of 12,
    Day five rest
    Day six squats 3 sets of 12, dealift 3 sets of 12,
    Day seven; cardio + abs

Now try to follow this perhaps stay on the week you feel comfortable in and keep trying hopeful this will let you drop some fat and increase in bulk for the beach like I said though don’t except to tone up too fast set realistic goals.

Ohh and ohne more note ill be the fat tube of lard on the beach with my laptop surfing AO LOL*JK*

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Not a bad schedule. One thing to remember is when doing freeweights is to do them correctly. Arnold SSchwarzenegger's Encyclopedia of Weight Lifting is a good reference.

I have been following the Body for Life program and recently changed my program from a standard weight training to a circuit training (2 min of cardio between every 4-5 sets. For cardio, it has been proven that running is the best form of cardio. I do cycling but only because I'm preparing for a long distance tour and tend to crank it up to 45 minutes plus at high intensity. In addition, intensity training has been proven to be more effective than just "doing" cardio.

For nutrition, 5-6 smaller meals work better than 3 large ones. Your body responds better and you burn more fat. Protein shakes help take care of 1-2 of those meals and are a quick easy fix.

Finally, there are other supplements that you can take to help increase strength, endurance and energy as well as fat burning properties but it's not required.

Hope this helps.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

After I read this thread I'm desperate.
    My only daily exercise is to run my computer (it's very dificult, I will break my toes if I don't repair it quickly) and my feeding consist in pizza, chips, and... pizza.

I think I won't go to beach. Or maybe with a Ferrary car to compensate (I can begin to economise)
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    hmmm this summer will be unique ....a little excercise lots of online time...lots of food.....and lots of TV
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"