Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAM editting

Banned

RAM editting

Hey guys, I ran into this problem and I wanted to know what caused it. I use RAM-state editors to cheat in games (after I beat them!). You know it works, look at a number, say, ammo. If it's like 47, you search for the number 47 in your RAM. Then you might get a couple thousand occurance, so you go back in the game and shoot a round, making it 46, and then in the results of your first search you search for 46. Continue until you find the exact location. Well, I did that. And it works for the time being. So I saved my results, and then I tried it later, and it doesn't work. So I re-did the process and I found different offsets than I had originally the first time, even in the same conditions (level, difficulty, etc.) Can anyone tell me why this happens? Does the game -- Unreal Tournament in this case -- use different sections of my RAM each time, or what? I don't get how it works.

Thanks for any info.

Ramzi

what do you use to look at what is in your ram locations?
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Banned
    I'm using a program called Seal 2.0. I found it here: http://www.astalavista.com/tools/utilities/game/

Ussually your computer uses the first free part of memory to use up. So maybe your operating system used up that part of memory and the game had to use a different part of the memory.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Banned
    I thought my memory gets divided up among my different processes. So there would be a section of memory designated to the game, and it will have it's own offsets. What programs like the one shown above are supposed to do is alter specific offsets for desired results. I don't understand why, though, the same thing -- in the case ammo -- would be located in one offset one time and in another offset a second time. Maybe some of your programmers can answer this. Do your variables get stored in the same place everytime, or can the variables move?

i'm sorry but what does this have to do with M$ security ? (it'd be better if it was under general chit chat forum)
    wouldn't you do better at a gaming site for this kind of question ?

lol
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

You'd be surprised what you can find in memory for certain programs. I've crashed various security measures locally (no big deal, if you have local access, and time, all problems vanish.)

Ramzi, even if you 'save' it and use it for values that are a certain distance from the start of the memory reserved for that program, the program itself may often take chunks of memory for various things that are of different sizes each time depending on different circumstances. The best advice I can give you is to write down the address the data you want is at, and the next time you need to search, try to restrict the search program to areas near that value in order to save time. (Often all player stats, for instance, or ammo stats, are in the same area of memory.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

If you are serious about memory hacking, i suggest winhack. There is a new version out that works really well for me. I am sure if you go to the forum at there website (I think it has one anyways. do a search on google) That you can find out what you have to do for that game. I use it all the time on BATTLEZONE! No, not the 80's game the newer one. And it works great. Winhack also offers the ability to be able to save changes from the ram, So you just open winhack and reinstate the changes you made instead of having to edit everything everytime the you want to hack the ram. good luck!

I think you should try using HexEditor.