Thread: ftp

ftp

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question. I am looking for a free ftp acount somehwere, anywhere. The problem I am haveing is not finding a free FTP account, but one that will let me use it for general storage. I did a google search and found well over two dosen free ftp acounts. The problem is all of them come with a free web hosting package, sure I can just forget about my web space and just store anything, but I know from experince that these web hosts don't like you useing the ftp for general storage, they usualy state in their terms of service that you are only to store files that are to do with your web site and not to use the space for anything you like. Does anyone out there know of a free ftp acount that will alow me to store whatever I like. The kinds of files to be stored are image/jpg and image/gif. It is for my mom not me, she needs at least 5 megs or more.

Any sugestions?
    In snatches, they learn something of the wisdom
    which is of good, and more of the mere knowledge which is of evil. But must I know what must not come, for I shale become those of knowledgedome. Peace~

www.freewebspace.net/search/ search there for just ftp, hope that helps...thats all I can really think of
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Instead why don't you do a search for online hard drives or online data storage. There are plenty of sites that will let you backup for free. If all else fails, take those images, compress them and put them on a diskette.

www.aol.com is always a good one

Edit: better yet use www.msn.com
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

10Q for your help everyone, I found tones of ftp accounts but they were all asociated with a web host, therefor not for general storage, I managed to find a online HD.
    In snatches, they learn something of the wisdom
    which is of good, and more of the mere knowledge which is of evil. But must I know what must not come, for I shale become those of knowledgedome. Peace~