Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: +/- Antipoints??

Unhappy +/- Antipoints??

Why can't I give antipoints?? Under the Last 10 AntiPoints That You Gave Out in AntiPoint center all of my given-out-points are gray coulured! And It's 3 persons who gave me (+) AntiPoints and 3 gave me (-) AntiPoints. All (-) antipoints is red and counts but it's only one (+) antipoint which is green and counts!!! So I received 81% (-) antipoints and 19% (+) antipoints!! Bad bad bad... Is this a bug or?

No, it's not a bug!
    For info, grey Antipoints are non-valid Antipoints: people who give you those points haven't got enouht points to really give you something.

It is easy to lost Antipoints, it is hard to recover them.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Because you only have one gray AntiPoint yourself, under your AO membership status...

I still dont understand the +/- point system Ive only been here about a week and have asked only about 5 questions regarding some firewalls or win xp ques, havent been in any flame wars or fights but I was deemed a pain in the ass so far lol so who knows.

So does this mean when I give people anti-points I am actually giving out my own anit-points? Cause thats no good, me trying to help makes me look like an idiot then. And if thats true is there anyways to not lose my anti-points when I give some?

I was kinda wondering about the grey colored antioints myself, but since this subject has been beaten so many times that I thought the tread would go down in flames. That's a great question DeepBlueMagic. That took guts.

Hehe, let all praise him, because we don't know enough about anti-points to give him any. hehe.

Come on, somebody help us out here.

K, listen. He can only give out gray antipoints because he has not gotten enough green antipoints to make one green dot yet under his name on this forum. If you look under his name, he has a gray dot. Once he receives 100 total antipoints that are positive from other members, he will then be able to assign green or red antipoints to other members himself. As for komal's question, you're not giving yours away, you're giving antipoints out. You still retain all of yours that you have acquired, but you are able to generate more by giving them out to other people. I hope this clears some of this stuff up for you all.

hmmm.....but when I had a single green (I don't anymore) I gave someone an antipoint, he PM'd me back and said it counted as negative (was gray on my 'given out' list but red on his 'recieved' list) and had taken him down to red! That doesn't make any sense.........