Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IP tracking

IP tracking

Does ne1 know any websites that can track down a hacker by their IP address? Someone has attempted to hack into my computer and i got their IP address and i want to find out who it is. Is there a software program or a website that can do this??????????

try neotrace get it at http://www.neoworx.com/products/neotrace hope this helps
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Using NeoTrace or any other such software is probably not going to help you...the most that such programs can give you is the information about the registrant of the 'intruder''s network/ISP. Besides, if it's something other than general internet noise(which it probably is), a person with sufficient knowledge will have their IP blocked from any view by any program.

What are the details of the 'attack'...and how were you alerted to such an attempted 'intrusion'?

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Yup then goto their isp and very politely explain the situation. Make sure your complaint is legit, check out what port they tried to access etc. Also you may want to try a whois, which is bascially neotrace. There is also visual trace, which lets you trace ip addresses but is smaller than neotrace.

i use ZoneAlarm free version. i was attacked on ports 1995 and 4000-4003 within 5 minutes from first to last.

[pong]A web site like www.network-tools.com or www.dnsstuff.com will have a who is feature just like neotrace it will give you the contact name for the persons isp , and you can just start from there,[/pong]
    -=Legacy Boy=-

-= You mean there is stuff better then DOS? =-

Sorry I just wanted to see what the pong feature was

A web site like www.network-tools.com or www.dnsstuff.com will have a who is feature just like neotrace it will give you the contact name for the persons isp , and you can just start from there,

Dan O
    -=Legacy Boy=-

-= You mean there is stuff better then DOS? =-

dear god that was a annoying post LegacyBoy. If I wasnt out of balance from handing out negs to the other kids....
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Use something like "whois -h whois.arin.net aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd" to get what you are looking for... it might just refer you to RIPE or APNIC or someone (in which case, you'll have to rinse and repeat with the different hostname until you find the final owner of said IP).
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

*laughing* See the post I created about interpereting zone alarm alerts. Been there done that. as for programs, theres a ton of them out there. Virtual route will show you a map of where the person is from, sorta cool. samspade is freeware that will give you good info as well. There are alot of sites out there that will traceroute, ping, finger, who is, with a host of look ups. Trying to find one that makes the information understandable and just not load tons of information I have no clue about. That will be the task for tonight. Anyways, its probley network traffic, but annoying I know.
    See dick... see dick hack yahoo...see dick go to jail... dont be a dick.