Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: geeks vs. nerds

geeks vs. nerds

Me and my best friend think that there is a distinct difference between geeks and nerds. Geeks are cool. They love technology, knowledge about technology, and knowledge in general. They don't always dress weird or look wierd. Geeks are ultimately the winners of our society. They often distance themselves from the popularity thing and don't attempt to venture into the social lives of the cybercattle (the non-geeks).

Nerds, however, are the nose-picking whiners who can't understand why people don't like them. Geeks are sometime disliked just cuz they're different. Nerds are disliked because they long to be part of the popularity ****. All the perverts are generally found in this category. Nerds intrude into the social circles of the popular/normal people, and people hate them for this since no one except another nerd wants to be around a nerd. You don't have to be smart to be a nerd. Nerd is just my term for whiny little bitch.

Most of the people @ A0 are geeks. Geeks fuel the progression of society. Therefore eventually, if hormones eventually cease to matter, geeks will rule all and hormone driven jocks and whiny little nerds will be killed upon birth....lol

Anyways, that sort of describes what i think. NOTE BEFORE FLAMING:THIS IS IN COSMOS, SO THERE ISN'T ANY WAY U CAN FLAME ME.

Are you a nerd?

Banned
    He maust be a nerd - as he said - "Nerds intrude into the social circles of the popular/normal people, and people hate them for this since no one except another nerd wants to be around a nerd."

Banned
    Its just a joke. lol

geeks/nerds
    aren't they all the same?

OF COURSE they are not the same. let me explain:

A geek is the common term for a computer enthusiast(aka hacker) that is more knowledgeable in network administration and the hardware side of computers. A nerd, as you might have asumed, is more skilled in the software side. Either way, they are from the same genre of people(computer enthusiasts), but they are both a sub-catagory.

Its all about hardware/software. pick your side.

lol, i agree

nerd, geek;
    ..neek, gerd..

try to be both

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I just have 1 questiong....

Where do the dorks fit in?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

A geek is the common term for a computer enthusiast(aka hacker) that is more knowledgeable in network administration and the hardware side of computers. A nerd, as you might have asumed, is more skilled in the software side. Either way, they are from the same genre of people(computer enthusiasts), but they are both a sub-catagory.
    What?!!

I'll have you know that I like to think of myself as only geek and not a nerd. And while I know a good deal about network administration and hardware, I write software to interact with said networks and hardware. By your definition, that would make me a gerd...or perhaps a neek. I have serious reservations about either moniker.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */