Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: geeks vs. nerds

Oh! but you fail to realise that the meanings of most, or even ALL words change over time. we all know what a 'geek' and a 'nerd' means today, as well as 'dork', but have you any idea what 'dork' meant 20 years ago? if not, go look it up and have a laugh

Originally posted here by virux404
    Oh! but you fail to realise that the meanings of most, or even ALL words change over time. we all know what a 'geek' and a 'nerd' means today, as well as 'dork', but have you any idea what 'dork' meant 20 years ago? if not, go look it up and have a laugh
    lol, i have to agree with you there. for instance, lets look at the term "band geek", which is a common term(atleast it was in my HS and the ones arround me).

being a member of the band does not require any special inteligence, and quite often band members have atleast decent social skills. on the other hand, there were computer nerds(i wasnt one of them, more of an all arround geek :-D) who totally lacked social skills.

and for the dork comment: i'm just glad I never got called a whale penis.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

I have had this disucssion before in the real world, and I still say Nerd is better than Geek. Nerds are smart winners, Geeks live in dank caves eating raw fish....

just my 3 ยข
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....