Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bann User Ip

Yeah, I would hope it would trim it down. I've been getting more headaches with this komo guy then what I get at work AND home. Thats scary!

i was gonna post a new thread titled " I nominate ko*"
    and have the text say " for the kididiot of the month award"

but since this thread is here.. no need to.

you would think that he would learn..

alternatively.. could it be that he's doing all of this on purpose ?

You might take some innocents along with it, but you could always use a network block rather than a specific host block...probably a /24 would work...
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

how about your account has to be active for 90days b4 u can even post??
    *the wise do sooner what the fools do later.
    --Gracian

I'm surprised he didn't post in this thread
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

The Iceman Cometh
    You know, sumdumguy has a good point. What if Ko* is just doing this to get on everyone's nerves? For all we know, he's some other newbie who was banned a while back and just wants to get everyone here rilled up again (over and over) just because he thinks it's funny. I realize it's unlikely, but you never know what lengths someone will go to to get other people's attention...

AJ

exactly.. avdven.. we're all gonna have to take profiler type courses to try and recognise the style of writing..

an admin/mod could look at the ip's of the various banned individuals and compare to the newbies/lamers and if their ip resolves to the same geographical location then post(or pm) an alert to the other admins/mods to be on the watchout for an ip range.. not for banning per-se, just for "reference purposes "

now i don't know what the admins and mods can see in terms of seeing an ip # for each post
    but.. at other forum (of which i'm one of the admins) we can see the ip # of the current post and it shows the ip of this same member at his/her last visit to the forum.

so.. just to explain in case i wasn't too clear..
    the admins/mods could see the ip #'s within each individual post..

yeah, a specified time of membership (like say, only 30 days, 90 is extreme) would limit people to one account/mo. Every new time, he'd have to wait another month, and get bored with it pretty quick.

AntiOnline Newbie
    Whoa! What if sumdumguy and avdven were right? It might not even be another "newbie" who was trying to rock the boat. What if it were someone like focmaester? Most likely he is around here somewhere, too. And who knows what his motivation might be this time around. I'm sure there are many others it could be, too. I haven't been around that much to know who else might possibly get a kick out of doing this.

ko-dudes TO-DO list in AO:

1st: Get an account that starts with ko-
    2nd:Say i am sorry about last account but i have "learned"
    3rd: Do something stupid with that account such as:
    Complaining why his last -now 3- account got banned and how he wants it "unbanned"
    Making a stupid post
    Or just pissing people off
    3rd: Whine about why i got antipoints for my last post.
    4th: Get told what i shouldnt have done by people like Draziw, JC, TC, jehnx...
    5th: Call everyone in AO ungrateful and complains that this site sucks
    6th: he gets banned
    7th: go back to number 1

Over and over and over and over....