Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TerraServer

Banned

TerraServer

This is probably the coolest thing microsoft has done since they put out Mechwarrior. You can see satellite pictures of your house or anything you want that is in the USA. Here its kind of nuts seeing an photo of your city and such.

that's funny, i had completely forgotten about this site. i remember during y2k, when it had a date display issue. the running joke around the office was whether it was a problem on the web-server (as we assumed) - or on the satellite...which ensued in the whole druken and awake way too long "the sky is falling" ramblings.
    -droby10

Very cool. To bad its only for the U.S.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

awesome. It's funny to look @ a picture of a little dot and say "that's my city"

GreekGoddess
    Heh...this is where I live, isn't it special.

Originally posted here by GreekGoddess
    Heh...this is where I live, isn't it special.
    GG, you should not have posted this. Now every perve around is blowing up that pic in Photoshop looking for you in the backyard with a bikini.............
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Yeah, I have seen this before, though it doesn't work for canadians. I don't suppose there is a canadian version? Damn usa-oriented microsoft. Ah well, whatcha gonna do? But if anybody finds one that works for canada, plz tell me. I used to know one that did the entire northern hemisphere as long as you were willing to wait a week, don't know what happened to that site. So, plz tell me if you guys know a canadian site like that.

I remember that from way back then... It was pretty good.
    Viper

GreekGoddess
    Yeah...but the great thing is......and so sorry to burst the guys bubbles.....I didn't live here when that satellite picture was taken.....so best of luck trying to find me. I do know that there are a lot of BIG women here...so if you're able to see a dot without zooming in on it...That might be one of them....

try www.192.com for people living in the uk.
    If its not broken it can still be inproved.