Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacking Exposed

Thumbs up Hacking Exposed

Here is another good one for you guys. I just went out and got the latest edition of Hacking Exposed/Network Security Secrets & Solutions by Foundstone ISBN# 0-07-219381-6.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...223020-5732730
    It's a realy good read so far. It also comes with a CD packed full of tools. I like the way the book is set up. It sets up a scenario then shows how to hack or exploit it. Then it gives a solution to secure or harden it. The book is most definitely not for the noob though.

Like I said though. The tools on the CD are a nice collection. It has one hel% of a password d/b on it. As well it has tools for win32 and *nix plaforms. If you want a good reference guide for IT security and to show the corperate types a thing or two. This is the book.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Thumbs up

hehe now only if i had money left on paypal i could get a copy :P

hmmmm maybe someone scanned the pages and turned it into a text file warez... they do have channels for that on dalnet from what ive seen... maybe ill take a look and if i find it ill past it up here for you people who arent anti-warez.

+greens for you

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Banned
    Its a great book, I got it for Xmas, found it deep in the computers section at Easons, I reckon some other dude had it stored away but I got it.

Anyway if your poor and like freebie books or dont have generous parents { prob cos your old} then pop round to http://blacksun.box.sk for all your free book needs!

I agree its a great book, I have read through whole the book once and are today using it as reference material since my mind seems to forgett things now and then .

Thanks for the link Ennis, they had a quite big tutorials area and I'll see what kind of information I can dig out from there. Seems like I cant get enough of tutorials they are almost as fun as config files in *nix .

its good i bought it since i had the 1st version =p

Just got it and am reading it now,
    So far it is very good. But it will take a little while to get through. Looks like everything in it is worthwile though.
    \"To follow the path:
    look to the master,
    follow the master,
    walk with the master,
    see through the master,
    become the master.\"
    -Unknown

Thanks to Ennis. I am very poor and trying to save my$$$ to read book. I read some of them. It will take a while to get through.

I have read the third edition. It is a very good book both for the novie as well as the security professional. It is definately worth the time reading and I would recommend it to anyone looking to find out where their box is vulnerable.

Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

System_Overload

Thumbs up

I have the third edition as well.... Good Book....

System_0verload

I have some of the books.... worth the money.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]