Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How safe are you (according to Microsoft)

The Iceman Cometh

How safe are you (according to Microsoft)

Check out the newest gimick from Microsoft to try to promote their new privacy plans into the public's view:

http://www.microsoft.com/privacy/safeinternet/quiz/

AJ
    EDIT: hehehe... I'm a Protector!

Based on your quiz results, you are a Protector. You are concerned about keeping your information private, but at the same time understand that there are some limited times when sharing some information is appropriate to make your online services more useful and compelling.

I'm a Protector too
    http://promote.opera.com/small/opera94x15.gif

[gloworange]Sun7dots[/gloworange]

After reading the first few questions, i decided i was too paranoid to take part. Why would the speed of your internet connection matter with privacy? It doesn't. What a sly way to get feedback from consumers by dressing it up as a privacy questionaire....

Of course I could be wrong, and it doesn't report to anyone back at MS, about user's habits. heh.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Originally posted here by gstudios
    After reading the first few questions, i decided i was too paranoid to take part. Why would the speed of your internet connection matter with privacy? It doesn't. What a sly way to get feedback from consumers by dressing it up as a privacy questionaire....

Of course I could be wrong, and it doesn't report to anyone back at MS, about user's habits. heh.
    Maybe you are right maybe you aren't.
    IMO type of your connection affects your security because when you connect throug dial-up you are not online for a long time and every time you conect you receive a different IP adress. When you use cabel you are online for a loong time and because of this you are easier to be attacked by a hacker(you now not easier but they have a long time to find you to try diferent things etc). Other thing is that you have almost every time the same IP.
    But in other wayt I took that test just for fun so...
    http://promote.opera.com/small/opera94x15.gif

[gloworange]Sun7dots[/gloworange]

All i know is that , as long as you are online, you can never be secured.

Securing your system
    Well, a command that locks arp table is:
    [root@server]#arp -v -i eth0 -s 213.233.70.1 00:31:6B:94:32:A8
    Once you issue that command that arp entry could not be
    deleted/updated/forged! As far as i know FreeBSD can be made completely
    secure by compiling the kernel with right parameters.

GreekGoddess
    I am a guardian....Secure...but not paranoid.....

im a guardian too !
    Most people who are paranoid worry too much, its not like they have top secret info on their computers that hackers are trying to acces. I think a regularly updated anti-virus and some common sense will keep you safe online without being paranoic.

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    me = paranoid....hehe
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

im protector

but i agree, it is probably an evil scheme by ms to get info for free, without ourknowing, so they can use it to incorparate it into the eveil IE :/

also protector
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.