Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: script help

script help

OK i got this website that i made and i want to have like threads on it that people can do... how can i make threads and stuff like that in my website? is there like a program or something to do it and is it hard to do?
    [glowpurple]LilDraganon the power of the @[/glowpurple]
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

If you mean http://www.lildraganon.cjb.net/ site. Ok check your "www" option near your profile option. you have entered an invalid link !!!
    ( http://www.antionline.com/www.lildraganon.cjb.net ) what is this?

Um, dragon, that didn't make all that much sense, at least not to me. Could you clarify what you were saying? Then more people will try to help you out.

OK sorry

what I mean is like I want to do my own message board in my website but I dont know how to do it. Like I use a website message board that is called bravenet.com but I dont like the options that they give me to do it. I want to create my own message board but dont know how to do it is there any way to do something like this in a website?

Thanks for the help
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

I thought that was what you meant. And, actually bravenet is a pretty cool site, they have loads of info, but I can understand how you find them limiting. Well, that is pretty complicated question, and just to let you know, you may want to report this in another forum, because this isn't the correct one for this question. If you want something with more flexibility try using cgi. You may want to stay away from java just because it is pretty complicated. Cgi should get the job done, try looking at cgi help sites.

Try a bulletin board system like phpBB or something.

Hey khakisrule thanks for the help

You can't make a bulletin board completely out of HTML and I have never seen one made out of Java. Most boards are made out of PHP or (as khakisrule said) CGI.

Originally posted here by khakisrule
    I thought that was what you meant. And, actually bravenet is a pretty cool site, they have loads of info, but I can understand how you find them limiting. Well, that is pretty complicated question, and just to let you know, you may want to report this in another forum, because this isn't the correct one for this question. There are lots of options, if you want something kind of basic, use html, its good enough. If you want something with more flexibility try using cgi and java. You may want to stay away from java just because it is pretty complicated. Cgi should get the job done, try looking at cgi help sites.

So a cgi one would be better? Or is there a program to do message boards and stuff like that to do it easier? Because i dont no nothing about cgi code.
    Thanks for your help

Actually, you can make one out of html, it is rudimentary, it is usually just linked pages with updated links and stuff, and java ones exist too, though I have no idea how they work. I saw them on some flash heavy site. I don't know much about php or cgi though.
    HTML is a Markup Language. You can't use it to provide dynamic content. If you want to build something that users can interact with, like a message board, you need to use a scripting language like PERL, C, PHP etc.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.