Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What Tutorial are you working on?

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hey all.

Im working since like 3 weeks on a tutorial on how to use vi. vi is my opinion is THE most important tool on any *nix platform. At my old school, we were taught not how to use it, but to love it. The love for vi has made me rtfm any manual i could ever get my hands on, and it never stops. Its so amazing how you can combine the shell with vi. The reason why its taking me so long is that there is alot more to vi than i know of at this time, and i wanna get more info and try it out myself before i actually write a tutorial on it. So dont be expecting it too soon, i will probably post a tut on PAMS in between or so. But you tell me....are there any tuts that you would like to see that have not been posted yet? Let me know, maybe i have something for you.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Here's one for you.. I'll write a tutorial on how to properly answer direct questions.

Yes, It may seem like a simple thing to the untrained eye, but what I've witnessed over the past few days suggest that either some people don't have such a great grasp of the english language or they are just to ignorant (or proud) to answer directly.

<bows>
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson