Thread: Help With OS

Help With OS

I need help. I did a little upgrading a few mos. back. I got a new case and few other things but here is what has happen. I had 98 on my other computer the better one and got the new Xp home edition and instilled it. It works fine but the other day I had to reformat because I downloaded some messed up freeware that just took my system for a ride down hill.I have nothing on my other computer. When I tried to put XP back on it ask for a key number so as I looked all over I can't find it. So I called my friend up as he was the one that put all the programs in for me he said he put the key number sticker on the back of my case. Well i went and got a new case about 3 weeks ago and the one with the sticker is in the dump. I went to microsoft web site to see if they could help me but with no luck. I even sent like 5 e-mails with nothing back. What can I do? How can I get my key number back so that I can install my Xp. There is no way I can keep useing this slow and I mean very slow computter I am on now. Is there anyone I can call?

Please don't let me die with this slow @ss computer in front of me.

Thanks for any help that anyone can give me.

Zuriel
    [gloworange]Zuriel- This Angel Lends Us The Power To Find Balance When We Desperately Need It[/gloworange]

Oh sry I thank I posted this in the wrong place. I don't see how I can move it. Wow I am just having a real good week. And sorry I can't give you guys any good points yet but you will not be forgotton. Thanks for any help.

Zuriel
    [gloworange]Zuriel- This Angel Lends Us The Power To Find Balance When We Desperately Need It[/gloworange]

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I think you can call M$ and get a new key number. I think they charge a bit for it but I don't think they charge the entire OS price.

I found this on M$'s site.
    Contact M$ Here

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Thanks for all the help. I have not heard from M$ yet but thank God I have good aunt that keeps up with me. She knows how I am on doing dumb things. She had an old notebook that had the key number in it were I had try to put it in my self before getting my friend too. But thank everyone for your help. Even those that gave me negs for some reson.

Zuriel