Thread: Mitnick Testifies Against Sprint

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar

Mitnick Testifies Against Sprint

I was looking for something else, and came across this article which was pretty funny. Basically a guy has a lawsuit against Las Vegas Sprint. Sprint is claiming that no hackers have ever had access to the system. Mitnick proved them wrong....
    Mitnick retook the stand and explained that he used the lunch break to visit a nearby storage locker that he'd rented on a long-term basis years ago, before his arrest. "I wasn't sure if I had it in that storage locker," said Mitnick. "I hadn't been there in seven years."
    Makes you wonder how many more lockers exist....

There was one other thing I found humorous. Keven Poulson was the author of the article. For those that actually don't know, Poulson (aka Dark Dante if I remember correctly) is also a convicted hacker. He was hired by the FBI to help catch Mitnick. Eventually, one of Mitnicks friends found out, and got him arrested for hacking while he was working with the FBI...

anyway.... http://online.securityfocus.com/news/497
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I love it. Finally he does some good. hehehehe Good read. Thanks souleman!
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Mitnick is a funny fella. He is the hero to almost every sKID yet this is a guy who needed help with a dDOS attack and went on the run cuzz he couldn't cover his own tracks.

Umm, what are you talking about ToxicSoldier?
    yet this is a guy who needed help with a dDOS attack and went on the run cuzz he couldn't cover his own tracks
    Are you talking about Mitnick? Who did he DDoS??? No one as far as I know. He used a spoofing technique to get into Shimaro's computer that was written by someone else (and was the first known attack of its kind). On occassion he would DoS a phone or two. He was a social engineer more then anything else. As far as I know, DDoS attacks were just showing up when he got busted. And it wasn't a problem with covering his tracks. It was the fact that tcpdump is one hell of a program if used properly, and everything he did stared getting logged to a machine that was sitting in promiscus mode, so it couldn't be seen....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

LoL..that article made for some good reading. One thing i am not clear on though, can they retry him again on that hack? or was what he got for all of this hacks?

PhenZen> 5 year statute of limitations. That means, that since the crime was more the 5 years ago (it was 7) they can't do anything about it.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

If someone said they have proof of somehing else he did, he could be tried on that, but everything he got convicted for is done and over with, aside from the probationary measures.