Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: I Am An American

I'am an amrican but my ancestors did not have a choice in the matter... my uncle is an american volenteered for vietnam, but his ancestors where conquered poisoned and placed on reservations, my grandfather is an american, fought in WWII an korea but when he came home he could not drink from a public water fountain. there are alot of asians who are amreicans who could not walk the streets in san francisco because they would be kill by "Americans" In all fairness I think saying the pledge should be a personal choice... is it fair to say go back to where you come from if i don't agree with everything. my ancestor have been on this land for more then 7 generations where my ancestor come from have been destroyed by europeans or americans.

I pledge my allegence to God! because American doesn't love me! its just a place where i reside.

Hmmm... if an American is free to choose not to have a religion, would they still have to answer to God?
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

"I think any one of us here would prefer our own terrible government to a great one of an alien nationality." -Mohammed Ali Jinnah

How very true.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the AntiPoints...Another example of getting hammered for free speech - I post my opinions and because they may be different then yours, you decide to take action and give me AntiPoints. I also know that when some of you see this, you will assign me additional points, Im glad you care...

I Agree with everyone , but what i do know about america is that it is the best country out there , but like p2p said , "if u dont like it then leave".
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

Originally posted here by Reality
    Remember that The Pledge of Allegiance was not penned until 1892.
    http://www.vineyard.net/vineyard/history/pledge.htm
    You're spot on. I glanced at the date in Neg's post, and thought it read 1822, which would place the pledge's alteration to inlcude the words "under god" at 132 years, rather than 62 years. My Bad.

Still, that's a long time, you're looking at almost three complete generations of Americans who would have grown up not saying "under god" in their pledge of Allegiance.

Originally posted here by psychosquee
    Hmmm... if an American is free to choose not to have a religion, would they still have to answer to God?
    I think that's really what this debate is all about. The Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional in that it violates a person's constitutionally protected rights to religious freedom. I can't see how anyone would argue that. Nobody is forcing anyone to STOP saying it, they're just labeling it unconstitutional. The only reason I see there being such a huge deal about it is because the Pledge has been around for a long time now, and people don't like to face the facts that their nation has been Hypocritical for the last seventy-odd years.

Originally posted here by n01100110
    I Agree with everyone , but what i do know about america is that it is the best country out there , but like p2p said , "if u dont like it then leave".
    Wow, how can you agree with everyone when there's a lot of disagreement going on? I take it you're trolling for AntiPoints...
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Didn't the supreme court overturn that today? Or yesterday? I was hearing opinions of the judges on CNN, so I figured it was overturned.

It seems like the whole point of this thread is to give fellow Americans a pat on the back, wipe a tear from your eye as you salute the flag, and a mass green antipoints. "I'm an American too.....give me some greenies." Please.....

IMHO, Neg and GreekGoddess are the only two that had anything decent to say.....Just an opinion. By Conf1rm3d_K1ll:
    I finally got around to reading this to see what all the hype about. It was rather disapointing to see that the majority of the post were just to say: "I'm an American also, Good post p2p."
    It was a good post but my gawd man, let this thread die already.

Originally posted here by psychosquee
    To give a concise answer-- yes.

I really don't see the big deal about allowing the Pledge of Allegiance at public events. As long as it is
    voluntary, it is ok. If you can't in good conscience say, "one nation under God," then don't say it. I really
    don't think Mr. Newdow's law suit was necessary. If it is compulsory then it is unconstitutional. If it is strictly
    voluntary then it is not.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Man P2P, let it all out! I agree 100% on what you posted.

Now, a bit on myself. I'm 100% American, born in Augusta, Georgia and I've lived 10 years overseas in Saudi Arabia (Jeddah). I've seen more **** than I ever care to in regards to how people are set in classes, separated, no freedom of religion, how women are treated (and no, what you've heard is probably WAY off), and various other things.

To those that think they can trash on whatever they want in relation to the USA, well, where do you think this server is located? It sure as hell isn't in the middle east! You have the right to "speak your mind" even though it counts for nothing to us...and on those rights, here's some more!

You have the right to remain silent...anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

You have the right to an attorney...if your broke ass can't afford one, we'll find someone in law school and give this to them as an internship.

etc etc etc...

Bottom line: I've seen other countries, I've been all around the world, and I would NEVER EVEN CONSIDER going anywhere else. To those in the US that think we have no rights, man, step outside somewhere else where you can't even look at certain people or say anything at all. Where people 'disappear' because of some pamphlet they passed around or something.

I'll get negs for this no doubt, but hey, I believe in something as does everyone else and my beliefs include my being an american and I'm damned proud of it.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.