Thread: Whats going on!

Exclamation Whats going on!

I just did a port-scan on my computer and it said Port 139 WAS OPEN!
    [pong]1 (of 10500) open port(s) detected[/pong] , I have Zonealarm 3.0 and Mulitproxy I don't understand because I have disabled NETBIOS and [glowpurple]closed ports 137,138,139 [/glowpurple] [pong]but it still say's it's open w.t.f help [/pong]

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    What OS, Networked or not? Disable file sharing and print sharing, Take netBEUI out of you network protocols. And above all, CHILL WITH THE PONG AND COLORS!! heh, sorry blunt, just had to get that out of my system..

What OS, Networked or not? Disable file sharing and print sharing, Take netBEUI out of you network protocols.

Sorry I have [gloworange]Windows 98se [/gloworange] it's not networked I should have mentioned [pong]I already took it out of my protocols![/pong] but it still comes up open [glowpurple]but what the [/glowpurple] [pong]Phuck[/pong]

CHILL WITH THE PONG AND COLORS!!
    That's what the [pong]Pong[/pong] and [pong]COLORS[/pong] are [shadow]for![/shadow]

I have your same problem blunt 23. I used a 7th sphere port scan - for my own security, im not a kiddie - and scanned myself, whats with 1027, and 139 open? and another thing, the scan at sygate says 53 is open, but 7th sphere didnt pick it up? In actual reality, it is, I am having constant scans at my DNS - port blocker doesn't help from analogx - help?!?!?!?

Win98_SE
    Non-Networked
    Zonealarm 3.0.118.(02)

Im new into the in-depth specs. of all the security arenas. A guide would help. TY in advance.

Well if you've blocked 137,138,139 in your firewall than its most likely just a miss-read from the scanner.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

TechieChick
    Sorry blunt, but reading posts with pertinent data ponging back and forth across the screen only makes me skip the thread all together.
    Not picking on ya, just backing up what xmaddness said...I noticed you did it in another thread as well and I find it more annoying than AOL speak.

Just an opinion...

Are you scanning your local loop? 127.0.0.1?
    Or your global ip?
    Local should return nothing if you dont have it installed.
    With global it might show up if you have cable that uses it with DHCP.
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. - Theodore Roosevelt