Thread: Sympathy for MS

Sympathy for MS

OK, so I am not totally sure this belongs in humour, but I figured it was funny enough to be in here. And it is also serious enough to be listened too, though I am not sure what they say is very accurate.
    Sometimes you need to open your heart and let the love flow, even toward those you do not naturally like. Indeed, many religions claim this is a great way to achieve satori or sainthood or whatever state they consider to be the highest one a living being can achieve. So, what with wIndependence Day now being behind us, I think it is time for us to think kind thoughts about Microsoft and Microsoft employees. Their best times are behind them. They have nowhere to go but down. They have every right to be upset about this. And Linux users should be there to comfort them in their hour of need
    Lol, unfortunately few people have sympathy for all those MS millionaires, and it is hard too have any when you see all the money MS has made.
    LinuxWorld is going to be impressed with Microsoft's embedded products. That's a marketplace where the ability to change source code to fit hardware requirements is almost a necessity, and Microsoft doesn't like to play that game. Maybe they have some sort of Open Source (as opposed to that stupid shared source nonsense they tried to pull) surprise in store for us. If so, that means Microsoft's core business model is on the way out; that the company's managers realize proprietary software is on the decline except in highly specialized areas, and that Open Source is the future. Or maybe Microsoft is going to offer millions of dollars to fund a Linux usability development team
    I find that hard to believe since MS is still so widely used. Maybe when the gap between *nix and windows closes they'll start looking at other options but I don't think they're going for anything like that right now.
    Linux people are used to being the orphans in the corner at Windows-dominated shows. They are used to being run off at Microsoft's request when they try to distribute free software in front of the exhibition hall
    Lol, is that true? Because that is pretty funny, I wanna be one of those people and I wanna shout things like "Down with MS" and "I AM CANADIAN" just to be annoying and to bother all the windows users(I also use windows). Read the rest of this article at http://newsforge.com/newsforge/02/07...3.shtml?tid=19 I think you'll anjoy it if you are very pro *nix.

I am reminded of a saying: No Sympathy For The Devil!!
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Everyone here is too narrow minded to see anything. Just forget it. Everyone here are just plain losers to sterotypes everything. You people only see things from the Warez side. You don't know how much of a pain in the ass Warez are. Imagine you worked very hard to program a OS, and you decided that you will sell it. It got popular and then people starts to upload your OS online and let other users to download and use the full version of your product without paying. YOu would too, in such position, program a better OS and include some workable schemes to protect your software from being illegally used. That's why the key activation is present in WIN XP.

Everyone here is too narrow minded to think about ****........ so............ just forget any sympathy posts here. Everyone thinks M$ is evil, but they only view the surface with a few others that say so. In reality, to see something, you should view both side's position.

str34m3r
    Lawrence, I'm beginning to wonder if you just go complaining in other people's threads just to see how many threads you can get to go suicidal. I don't have much sympathy for Mcrosoft, but it has nothing to do with the fact that XP has product has activation features. It has to do with their highly aggressive business practices that tend to run other companies out of business and their "who cares" attitude towards the end consumers.

It is clear to me that you have not a clue what you are talking about. Where the hell does Warez fit in? I dont think microsoft is gay because they charge for their OS. I think that they are gay because they are to concerened with meeting a deadline to get the OS out and make some money off of it when they should spend a little more time securing it. Also I think it is gay because it is a monopoly. And most of all I think it is gay because of the **** that they make you agree to in order to use the most popular OS [when i say popular i mean bolth by people using it and software being developed for it] in the ****in world.

Side note: I know gay is not a pc term. When I say gay i am not refering to homosexuality at all. This is just something that I say when I think things are stupid. Again not refereing to homosexuality.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Kwiep
    If there wasn't something like microsoft, we had (less sponsers and) less people who use a computer, because they don't know how to use a computer. I mean sub7 is a windows based programm. Decide for yourself if that's a negative thing.
    Double Dutch

oh yea, one other thing. All versions of microsoft had Product activation features. XP just had more advance ones that have been seen to date. But where did it get them? Nowhere because the crack was out before the OS was.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court

You people only see things from the Warez side
    LOL!! HAHA, that makes NO SENSE! Warez, hehe, this post isn't about warez which proves to me you are 12 and just read a page in a dictionary. Seriously, think before you post.
    It got popular and then people starts to upload your OS online and let other users to download and use the full version of your product without paying. YOu would too, in such position, program a better OS and include some workable schemes to protect your software from being illegally used. That's why the key activation is present in WIN XP
    The reason I love that part so much is because it proves YOU are the narrowminded one who doesn't really know very much about MS. I suggest you use the search function to look at the past discussions about MS. And one more thing, nobody here was talking about the XP activation key and everybody understands the need for it. If you want to get negs start your own thread, I'll be the first one to give you some.

By dictionary I mean an online one as I have yet to see warez in websters.

Originally posted here by lawrence171
    Everyone here is too narrow minded to see anything. Just forget it. Everyone here are just plain losers to sterotypes everything. You people only see things from the Warez side. You don't know how much of a pain in the ass Warez are. Imagine you worked very hard to program a OS, and you decided that you will sell it. It got popular and then people starts to upload your OS online and let other users to download and use the full version of your product without paying. YOu would too, in such position, program a better OS and include some workable schemes to protect your software from being illegally used. That's why the key activation is present in WIN XP.

Everyone here is too narrow minded to think about ****........ so............ just forget any sympathy posts here. Everyone thinks M$ is evil, but they only view the surface with a few others that say so. In reality, to see something, you should view both side's position.
    It would seem to me that you are trying to be antagonistic towards the people at this site rather than reading the original post and understanding that, as pointed out more than once, warez has nothing to do with this thread.

And that no one is knocking MS right to charge, the comment is directed to the fact that microsoft has to recognize Linux as a real alternative for internet security.

As for seeing both sides to the story, do you think MS has ever seen both sides to the story? I think not. MS has a huge share of the marketplace and the fact that linux is offering serious competition is great, for everyone. Competition in business makes the marketplace more friendly to the general public.
    Dream as if you are going to live forever, live as if you were going to die today.

NOBODY ASSIGN LAWRENCE ANYMORE NEGS ON THIS THREAD PLZ! I don't want to see this thread suicidal! So please lay off of him or pick another old post to give negs to. Thank you.