Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~*~*Help me Please! ! !*~*~

Question ~*~*Help me Please! ! !*~*~

I just finished going through my registry and found an entry that has never been there before. Or I never noticed it before. It sounds sorta suspicious. If someone could tell me what it is, I would appreciate it. Just view the screenshot of the registry to see info. Thanks.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Developer Extraordinar
    I think it is SPYware bundled with KaZaA, I have it too, and the keys look the same, you could get an anti-spyware thing and/or dalete KaZaA. I could be wrong, But I'm almost positive it's spy-ware.

Kazaa without the spyware, check it.
    http://www.kazaalite.com/
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

Thanks for your help. I found out I got it when I installed Kazaa. . . I d/l Adaware & got rid of it. Thanks.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Cydoor is a ad program, and a pesky one at that. Alot of Adware programs automatically install it to you computer, and if you remove it, the bundled software will quit working. Has anyone had any problems with a add called Sabre?
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

I can't delete Cydoor from my computer, I d/l Adaware and it found and removed 82 files but there are 4 Cydoor ones that it won't get rid of, any ideas why this might be?

XXX
    The Owls Are Not What They Seem

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    They could have changed the 'strain' of spyware that hasn't been updated yet by Ad-Aware. Make sure you run RefUpdate 2.0 to have the latest reference file. If it's still there, then it hasn't been updated (I think) and you could do manual removal.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Ok, thanks, I'll try that, it's acutally on my computer that can't access the net at the moment so I can't really check for upgrades now...can I just do manual removal anyway?

XXX
    The Owls Are Not What They Seem

Banned
    If you close Kazaa and run adaware to have it delete thos files, you will have to reinstall Kazaa. Had it happen a couple times.