0. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

0 0%
  • NO

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Net Relationships

Net Relationships

Ive never ever heard anyone make a post on net relationships so i figured itd be sumthing fun to talk about.

Ive had many net relationships and none of them have ever worked out, Many people ive known have figured it out that net relationships are basicly a waste of time... Its like picking a girl or guy up in a strip bar...

My questions are simple and interesting... feel free to answer them or take the poll or both..

Did you ever have a net relationship just cause the person was sexually attractive?
    Did you ever engage in cyber sex?
    Did you ever tell someone only you loved them like that, and how many different people have u told that to online?
    Do you belive net relationships are for geeks and losers?
    Did you ever send naked or revealing pictures of urself online to others?
    Did you ever engage in phone sex with a person you met online?
    Are you in a net relationship now?
    Did a net relationship ever work out to the point that u didnt regret it at all?

DISCLAMER: Thanx if you participate and rember this is the cosmos forums and we ask everyone to be mature here on this touchy subject!
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Ive had many net relationships and none of them have ever worked out...
    - Need I say more?..

The extent of any relationship Ive ever had online is friendship. Ive met so many people since I started chatting on the internet 7 years ago, but in the back of my head there is always the thought that when you are online, you are a completely different person than in real life. Myself in real life, Im a quiet person, I dont have too many friends and Im scared that people will reject me based on outward appearance alone. The truth is that people reject me for that reason all the time. Online however, Im important, I speak loudly, and people listen, no one can reject me on appearances because they cant see me. People in the antionline irc have indeed asked to speak to me on the phone before, or meet me in real life, but you have to realize that you won't be talking to ThePreacher, you will be talking to Anthony Gayden, a guy completely different from what you expect. So no, there will never be any online relationships in my future.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

hmmm interesting and quite ahm... controversial subject! first off, my answers....

Did you ever have a net relationship just cause the person was sexually attractive?
    >>>Typically I'm not a looks driven type guy so no <<<

>>>Yes I have<<<

Did you ever tell someone only you loved them like that, and how many different people have u told that to online?
    >>>Hmmm not sure about this one, I happen to chat online with someone whom I do love and talk about it all the time... but that relationship has been established prior to chatting online<<<

>>>eh, arent most people either geeks or losers? no seriously the "net" has changed much in the last 4-8 years, so no.... its pretty much an "everyone" thing now.

>>>yes I have, but only by special request<<<

>>>yup, but phone and cybersex suck... besides who has the time?<<<

>>>No<<<

Did a net relationship ever work out to the point that u didnt regret it at all?
    >>>Theres really no point in regretting anything, we grow up waiting to have the ability to make decisions for ourselves... why cant we deal with making bad ones now and then? (this aplies to pretty much everything obviously, not just net relationships)

Now, an odd thing about net relationships..... anytime there is anonymity involved there is danger, regardless of whether it starts on or off the net. IMHO, the net is simply another means of communication, much like a phone call or a letter... just a bit faster in delivery and more convenient at times. I will recommend to anyone who is weary of who they are meeting to get all the facts, and if need be... run a background check (I typically dont do this with relationships but moreso with business contacts). good place to start is www.knowx.com, there are a few more out there so do a google search!

just my two cents...
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.

I'm currently in a relationship on the net... i've been with this person for 2 years... we have are ups & downs like any relationship... we haven't met or spoken on the phone yet but i do keep an open mind on the relationship and i realise that in real life we may be completely different than what we are on the net, thus totally wrong for each other... but things are great with how it is right now so i'm not going to ruin that just cos people say it wont work out, cos you just never know til you give it a try

>>Yes

>>Yes

>>I love tons of people, only few were female and like that *PS none were male like that lol*

>>Yes and no

>>Yes but i recived many more then i gave *webcams are addictive*

>>Ive had phone sex with 4 diff females that i met online

>>Not boyfriend and girlfriend, no

>>Regret only what others did
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Did you ever have a net relationship just cause the person was sexually attractive? No
    Did you ever engage in cyber sex? Yes
    Did you ever tell someone only you loved them like that, and how many different people have u told that to online? Don't think so
    Do you belive net relationships are for geeks and losers? No
    Did you ever send naked or revealing pictures of urself online to others? No
    Did you ever engage in phone sex with a person you met online? Yes
    Are you in a net relationship now? Kinda
    Did a net relationship ever work out to the point that u didnt regret it at all? Yes

I don't regret any relationship I was ever in. Some I am not proud of, but they are all learning experiences. I actually have a couple of friends in Lansing that got married from a net relationship. My current girlfriend I have known IRL for a long time, but due to the distance away she lives, it is almost like a net relationship....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Re: Net Relationships

Originally posted here by NetSyn
    No.

No. CSEX is for nerds to get their rocks off, and to me is offensive. Well, there was once, but that was a buddy of mine trying to clear a chat channel when I was 16, and was really sick and disgusting, and hardly counts.

Nope, and 0.

No, I believe 'net relationships' are a joke, and not for anyone.

Nope, I wouldn't want to scare them.

No.

No.

No, when I was younger I tried, and realised the impersonality of it all, and that online relationships couldn't foster a love and understanding the way knowing someone face to face or in person can.

The ONLY thing that I think 'net relationships have going for them is that people communicate more. People aren't as afraid to be honest online because "hey, it's just a bunch of electrons, it's not a real person on the other end." A lot of people have that mentality, and maybe it's a good thing in a 'net relationship. A couple should talk and know all that they can about each other when they're in a relationship. I'm lucky to be able to do that without text, but with words. I know a lot of others are too scared/unwilling/hesitant to take that route, so an online relationship is an out.

I personally never take people seriously when they say they're in an online relationship. I've watched several of my younger friends try and have serious 'net relationships, and they always turn into an episode of some soap opera or another. It's quite melodramatic, and quite sickening to a rational-minded person. Or well, maybe just to me.

Now don't get me wrong, people meeting online, and then hooking up face to face is cool, because that shows you're both willing to commit to trying to take the relationship to the next level. It's when people have a relationship that starts and ends purely over the 'net that I think is stupid.

Just my $0.02(CDN).
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Did you ever have a net relationship just cause the person was sexually attractive? NO

Did you ever engage in cyber sex? NO
    Did you ever tell someone only you loved them like that, and how many different people have u told that to online? YES, just 2
    Do you belive net relationships are for geeks and losers? NO
    Did you ever send naked or revealing pictures of urself online to others? YES
    Did you ever engage in phone sex with a person you met online? NO
    Are you in a net relationship now? YES

Did a net relationship ever work out to the point that u didnt regret it at all? NO
    so, anyway am currently in a NetRelationship right now, so iwish it works out well and fine.
    Anyway, she lives in the States and am planning to go see her in about 3 weeks time, if things works out fine and well for me!
    May God help me(amen)

Banned
    Did you ever have a net relationship just cause the person was sexually attractive? (No. However, if the girl was really attractive don't you think she would have a real relationship offline? I could see this happening when the girl just needs someone to talk to. Although, the picture could have been of the girl you are talking to "Friend, Cousin, Classmate")

Did you ever engage in cyber sex? (No, I would be afraid I'm talking to a 30 y/o male. However, I don't care what anyone says "Men "& women" Masturbate". If I have to the urge to masturbate, I usually try to free up my hands for what is intended. or if I need I may click on wetcircle.com and scroll through the pictures.)

Did you ever tell someone only you loved them like that, and how many different people have u told that to online? (Only Loved Them Online??????) if so, No....

Do you belive net relationships are for geeks and losers? (I believe if two people were in a relationship, went to college in two different states, and wanted a cheaper relationship that talking on the phone every night a Net Relationship is reasonable. To base a relationship off a net relationship is kind of lame. You guys just have to build up your self esteem, and go after what you want."

Did you ever send naked or revealing pictures of urself online to others? (Well, not because I was in a net relationship. I was drunk, and it was a dare.)

Did you ever engage in phone sex with a person you met online? (I don't think so, but would be interested in trying free phone sex with someone that knew what they were doing. However, again. I like visual stimulation.)

Are you in a net relationship now? (No, Can't say that I am)

Did a net relationship ever work out to the point that u didnt regret it at all? (No,)

By The Way........ I AM IN LOVE WITH MY COMPUTER..... DOES THAT COUNT?