Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

0 0%
  • NO

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Net Relationships

I've tried an online relationship but didn't work, and wasn't very exciting or anything like that, didn't work, and cybering isn't my thing.
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

I met one of my ex's kat online. We were buddies on the evil AOL for a long time. Eventually we met and we went out for some time. Though the biggest issue was that she lived 3 hours away. Like all long distance relationships it failed. However, I met at least 3 people at my local highschool through AIM and are still friends with them. I met about 2 other people that I am no longer friends with. Seeing that my highschool had 4000 people I probaly would not have met them otherwise.

Although I think online relationships can be beneficial, unless you actually meet the person, I don't tend to get worked up if someone online hates me. That saying, if Negative deciDed to hate me I would not lose sleep, because he lives across the sea, someplace I will probaly never be!
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Did you ever have a net relationship just cause the person was sexually attractive?
    LMAO.. haha once.. or twice

Did you ever engage in cyber sex?
    ermm yes.. how many times? i dun keep track..

Did you ever tell someone only you loved them like that, and how many different people have u told that to online? eecchh.. ermm once i guess..

Do you belive net relationships are for geeks and losers? not really..

Did you ever send naked or revealing pictures of urself online to others? LMAO never! not me! tho i did show ma arse to someone before..

Did you ever engage in phone sex with a person you met online? LOL few times..

Are you in a net relationship now? nope.. too busy with OTHER things...

Did a net relationship ever work out to the point that u didnt regret it at all? ermm i had few regrets tho none of em worked out coz im still single right now..

The most I ever had online was casual "friends" that would talk about things such as work, kids, computers and other things like that. Over the years, the number of friends dwindled due to lack of interest and because I had other things to do than worry about them. However, my wife did have a friend on MSN Gaming Zone where she held this person to the highest regard until they had a gigantic argument and they never spoke since... in fact, my wife never chatted again, lol.

To me, (like Louie said) online relationships are just that; you will most likely never meet them, and if they get mad, never wanna speak to you again and the like, oh well. I figure this is the Internet, and I usually assume the other person is not who they say they are and leave it at that.

Trust no one...

Banned
    It is so funny how everyone views this subject differently. I am still sticking w/ my answers. In the previous post.

... after a recent post I got slammed with a reddie by someone who followed up by saying "this is a computer and network security site and if I wanted to talk about life to go somewhere else" ...... LOL

Well this must be that "somewhere else" they were talking about.

For the record I was happily married prior to getting on the net and as such never entertained the idea of a relationship online ... no need.

Happiness is where you find it and if it happens to online - good for you.

Enjoyed some of the replies ....

GreekGoddess
    Did you ever have a net relationship just cause the person was sexually attractive?
    No
    Did you ever engage in cyber sex?
    No, I don't understand the point in it
    Did you ever tell someone only you loved them like that, and how many different people have u told that to online?
    No
    Do you belive net relationships are for geeks and losers?
    I believe it's to each their own
    Did you ever send naked or revealing pictures of urself online to others?
    *LOL* No.
    Did you ever engage in phone sex with a person you met online?
    No, but I've talked to plenty of people online via phone
    Are you in a net relationship now?
    No
    Did a net relationship ever work out to the point that u didnt regret it at all?
    I don't regret any of them. I've had three, one with a guy in Holland, who I finally met, learned Dutch along the way...we're the best of friends now...another with a guy in India, who I never met, but we're still great friends, we write snail mail all the time and send eachother things, and one with a guy who ended up living five minutes from me...and it ended up being the most intense...fly by night romance I ever experienced in my life. Things didn't work out because of the net in that last relationship, we took it completely away from the internet...it didn't work because I couldn't commit to him due to my schedule....

Love was only expressed in the last relationship...but it was past the internet facade, so I didn't categorize it as telling someone I loved them over the net.

Simple Reply

First I can answer all of the questions easily because like a previous poster none of my on-line relationships are for anything other than friendship. In this regard it doesn't matter to me if they are male or female.

This is accentuated by the fact that I am married in RL.

However the points made here are very important for people to realize. On-line and off-line personalities are often quite different. However, this normally is true if the person is reserved off-line they can be very forthright and open on-line. I am very open both off and on-line. My main attraction to on-line dealings is to help people. Most contacts are in my favorite on-line game (Anarchy Online) and most stay within that context.

The Friendships I have developed there are fun but can never be as deep, to me, as RL. Similarly were I single I do not think that I could develop a deep enough relationship from on-line sources to have that grow into "love". It would first have to transition from virtual to actual world first.

Having said that I have never regretted making friends on-line, I get to meet more people, from more places, and learn much about them. So while I would tend to advise against on-line romance I would strongly advise that people seek out and enjoy on-line friendships.
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

Ill tell you one thing, Net relationships are the funniest things that i have ever done. Not only have i never seen the people with whom i was having the relationship, half the time i told them i was the opposite gender. Pretty comical if you ask me. Now think about it do you really want a relationship with someone who you never look at?????? Nah its all for fun so i made it into a hilarious joke. Definately recommend it to everybody. Start a net relationship with someone and just mess with there head.

All right take it easy

Sex has always been a natural thing, it's changed since people began to use different mediums to do it (for example movies & phone). People are doing it with computers and have been, in the privacy of whereever. Online relationships are as real as any other relationship you make, in cyberspace and in "the real world" you can start off by lying to people and pretending to be someone your not or you can tell the truth, which works out far better for you. The only difference before in the online world and real world would have been the lack of visual communication, but with everyone and their granny in possesion of a webcam, that difference too has been over come. In my opinion, you should treat any online relationship like any other, with respect and blah blah blah (You get the point). Remember cyberspace is not just for geeks and nerds, the medium of the internet is everywhere, just like your movies & phones, so get used to it. Don't stay stuck in your old ways, cause this is the new generation, where technology has taken us and it's here to stay.

PuReExTaCy